• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Wait at South Field

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Well, selecting is right around the corner and wanted to find out if there are any recent updates to the waits for Marines picking up with the HTs? Also what are the chances of taking a little leave during that time?

Just looking for further information so that I can start getting an idea of whats coming, I have heard things all over the map.

Last thing, I also heard that the HTs are doing 6 day work weeks and that people are getting through much faster than the standard 6 months, any truth to this?

helosusmc

West Texas Skid Trash
As far as the wait time for HT's, a buddy of mine finished up a couple of weeks ago, and was told he wasn't going to pick up until May 22nd. That should hold pretty true to form.

That should also help answer the question about leave. If there's a wait, it shouldn't be a problem at all. The pool guys seem to be very reasonable about that.

As far as the 6 day work week goes, starting this month, we're getting Friday nights back. For a while there, the field closed at 1700 on Fridays, but now it's a full work day again. Usually for us HT-18 guys, we have a partial schedule on Sundays with priority flights going first (RI's, Forms, higher level stuff). We're not working this Sunday which makes me think since we're getting Friday nights back, the Sunday schedule will be more relaxed. But I do know we're supposed to churn out more aviators than they have in the past 10 years, and our CO told us we'll be flying on Sundays. So I think this week is just an exception. It's a fast pace, but getting through quicker is much better than taking a year or so to get your wings. Hope this helps.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
There have quite often been Saturday sims lately. As was already stated, the 18 CO said they have to wing more aviators this year than previously, and they're in a surge time frame right now to get ahead of schedule before hurricane season starts. So I'd expect to be busy once you start, but honestly its not bad. I just finished and flew 4 Sundays in a row at the end, and it wasn't bad at all.