• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine quits service after 12 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledown

Here is a link to a story of a Marine who quits the service (probably forced out) after killing civilians in Iraq.

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/news/story.asp?ID=4420

I am just curious about this story. It almost sounds made up, or partially fabricated. Does anyone know the validity of this?

Also, I was thinking about how he spoke ill of the President to a SgtMaj., and the manner in which he spoke to his Lieutenant and Sgt.Maj.; is this insubordination? Wouldn't he get in a lot of trouble for talking like that?

petescheu

Holy crap that is the most rediculous example of liberal media BS I think I've ever read... I really doubt most of that is true.

Matt S

None
BS for sure, I get pissed reading liberal sh!t like that. Even if it's true, warning shots mean stop if not kiss your @ss good bye.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
Yeah, I don't think you get an honerable discharge for insubordination. That whole article sounded like a load of crap. Like the embedded reporter only feeling squeamish when he saw "civilian" casualties (his squeamishness was able to differentiate between different classes of DEAD??). I think the real story is probably more like the Staff Sgt. made a series of personal errors and poor choices that resulted in a guilt trip and looking for someone to blame, especially since it looks like he had direct command over some of those incidents (ex.telling his men to hold their fire). Just my opinion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.