• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Options currently at VMI/The Citadel

oatridge

Well guys, I would like to update everyone that I will be attending the Citadel. I liked the VMI visit a bit better than the Citadel but there was his sense that I should go to El Cid instead. Weird I know aha. Another reason why is b/c thats where the USMC Scholarship told me to go. Thank you all for your advice, it helped a lot. August 14th is Matriculation day, time to slowly start my (hopefully) Marine Career :)

Ezekiel

Falling, with style
None
but there was his sense that I should go to El Cid

I had that "sense" once about four years ago...it goes away. Fortunately it will return after a few weeks when you can leave the "bastion of antiquity" to discover the fun that is to be had just a few miles from your white-walled prison.

You'll regret it, but only for four years. :)

oatridge

When they say "you get weekends off", do they mean like libo~leave campus every weekend or do they mean ur free to roam campus?

Ezekiel

Falling, with style
None
You'll be allowed to leave the school after last duty on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The amount of time you actually get to spent away will vary week-to-week. Things like ROTC training, major inspections, and punishments eat up your weekends quickly. I should note, you'll seldom be allowed to stay out overnight even on the weekends, and never as a first-semester knob (except for ROTC exercises).

oatridge

Ok thanks for clearing that up bc for some reason when I reading i thought I came across "you can only have two libos a year" but maybe that could have been for the rules on overnights. Ezekiel did you already do your time at El Cid?

rhertz2304

Why would you go to The Citadel when just 2 hours up I-26 theres some of the most beautiful women in the world, good football AND one of the top performing NROTC Units around (especially for Marine Options). I'm talking about a place called The University of South Carolina.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why would you go to The Citadel when just 2 hours up I-26 theres some of the most beautiful women in the world, good football AND one of the top performing NROTC Units around (especially for Marine Options). I'm talking about a place called The University of South Carolina.

A lack of attraction to farm animals?

Yardstick

Is The Bottle Ready?!
pilot

I'm assuming that amanda is in fact a female, so that factor would likely have very little to do with her decision. just sayin

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I am a 09 VMI grad, I was a navy option though. To answer some of your questions, there is mandatory ROTC PT twice a week with at least one other required self pt during the week. To prep for OCS, bulldog begins second semester of your second class year. It is run my the GySGT and the first class Marine options. The current GySGT just got done working at OCS so he knows whats going on. The other two marines at the unit right now are CPT Greg, aviator, prior enlisted, and the CO, Col Hough, recon infantry. To answer the question about cadet life, I will give you a common saying at the Mother I. "It is better to be from VMI than at VMI." Saying that, I would never go back and change my college experience. If you have anymore questions PM me.

"GySgt," "Capt"