• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine officer minimum height?

nugget61

pilot
I cannot think of a single platform today where and NFO would even have rudders. I know the Rhino only has them in the back for trainer configured a/c, pretty sure Prowlers just have foot buttons for the mics (not rudders), and I am reasonably certain that P-3's, E-2's or E-6's don't even sit near the controls. You don't have to be as tall to work in the back.

Exactly, which is why I was thinking NFOs could be shorter than NAs...

2ndGen

Third times a charm
I cannot think of a single platform today where and NFO would even have rudders. I know the Rhino only has them in the back for trainer configured a/c, pretty sure Prowlers just have foot buttons for the mics (not rudders), and I am reasonably certain that P-3's, E-2's or E-6's don't even sit near the controls. You don't have to be as tall to work in the back.

I think he was talking about why NFOs didn't have to be as tall as NAs.

phrogpilot73

Hey Phrog73......how tall are you? Over 62"?
I'm 66" most days... I've served with guys that were shorter than me, don't know how short - but I'd guess that they were over 62", since they're aviators. I can't quote a MCO on this one, but I'd be willing to bet he can get commissioned - after all, we're trying to grow by 20,000.

He clearly is too short for the Coast Guard though... Ahh, who am I kidding - I was trying to go Coast Guard, so I can bust your chops too much. ;)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you want to argue about a father helping his son, bring it on.
Not gonna bring it; my family works as a team too. My apologies if my post and a few others came off as harsh; gatordev pretty much covered what has been cropping up here lately, so the regulars have been a little edgy. Best of luck to your son.

To help, I can only relate an anecdote. I had three Marines I commissioned with. One was normal size, the other played defensive line in HS, and the third was about 5'3". Our gunny nicknamed them "Small," "Medium," and "Large." They all got through OCS and TBS just fine.

booshie44

Gentlemen, Thanks for taking the time to reply to my request for information. Your replies are very encouraging. I wish you all the best of luck in your career.