• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine NFO, IFS?

sgtdube

USMCGRUNT
Is IFS required for NFOs? I mean I heard a nasty rumor that we may not get to go to IFS. I personally want to, but I was wondering for all those there now at schools, what % of guys/gals as NFOs are going or are not going...
Thanks
Lt. Dube

Mustang83

Professional back-seat driver
None
Marine SNFO here, just started API. All SNFO's have to go through IFS, the exact same syllabus as the SNA's. The rumor about not having to do it is B.S. They we're playing around with the idea, but nothing has come of it

FlyinRock

Marine SNFO here, just started API. All SNFO's have to go through IFS, the exact same syllabus as the SNA's. The rumor about not having to do it is B.S. They we're playing around with the idea, but nothing has come of it

May I ask where you went to IFS? What was your opinion?

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor

He must have liked your school sir, because he sings its praises. I'm trying to get in for the next class, but the last brief I sat through, Navy was hoarding spots for Skywarriors for ensigns.

NinjaWarrior

IF you're not in a rush to finish and you like a chilled atmosphere with really laid back instructors, AMS in Milton is definitely the place to do IFS. They dont have many spots there though.

Mustang83

None

Hey Rocky! I went to Mobile, right before you started up Skywarriors. Loved it, but it's probably not as good now that your not there to scare the newbies into flying straight and using the go$@#mn right rudder :icon_tong

UMichfly

pilot
None
Hey Rocky! I went to Mobile, right before you started up Skywarriors. Loved it, but it's probably not as good now that your not there to scare the newbies into flying straight and using the Right Fvcking Rudder (RFR) :icon_tong

Fixed that for you ;)

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor

When you say all SNFO's are you referring to all Marine SNFOs or ALL SNFOs go through IFS? I know it is a stupid question that doesn't even apply to me, but I have a friend going Navy SNFO who is under the impression he's clear of IFS because of it. I just wanted to get clarification for him.

Thanks.

Mustang83

None
When you say all SNFO's are you referring to all Marine SNFOs or ALL SNFOs go through IFS? I know it is a stupid question that doesn't even apply to me, but I have a friend going Navy SNFO who is under the impression he's clear of IFS because of it. I just wanted to get clarification for him.

Thanks.

All SNFO's (or SWSO's for the AF).

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
My FO friends tell me that they are considering cutting back the hours and syllabus for the FO's. There may or may not be any truth to this story though....maybe someone on here has heard more (?)

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Since they just added hours to IFS for SNFO's, they're probably not going back the other way anytime soon...

SNFO's do generally get cut a little more slack on the solo requirements if they are behind the 8 ball than SNA's.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Since they just added hours to IFS for SNFO's, they're probably not going back the other way anytime soon...

Yep, that was the weird part about hearing this. That said, it's not like this would be the first time we have taken 2 steps forward and a step back....