• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Lied About Service Record.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
This one is almost even worse than the civilians who pull this crap. You'd think that active duty sailors and Marines understand that simply BEING in uniform is an honor and a privilege.

I hope he enjoys the honor and privilege of a dishonorable discharge and some time in prison.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mystifies me even more that he'd try to fight the charges, like that Doc in Norfolk who claimed a Purple Heart and a BSM from a previous tour w/ FMF. It's quite easy to prove what you did or didn't do, and what medals you were or were not awarded, so what exactly do they think will come of fighting the charges?

I forget the psych term, but it's essentially telling a lie so often you start believing your own bullshit.

Not to threadjack this into another "awards system is totally screwed up" thread, but anyone else think maybe that if DoD pushed harder to publicize the honest-to-G-d war heroes, this might happen less often? Sixty years ago, everyone knew of Audie Murphy, Richard Bong, and the Doolittle Raiders. Nowadays, Joe Citizen knows who the finalists are on some inane TV weight-loss reality show, but knows nothing of LCPL Dunham or Lieutenant Murphy, Captains Zembiec or Chontosh, SSGT Peralta, etc. 21 soldiers have received the DSC in Iraq...you see any of them on the nightly news? The President just awarded another posthumous Medal of Honor, but you had to look hard to find the item in the paper. So when some jackass shows up sporting a Navy Cross, it's not like Joe Citizen figures "If he was a war hero, I would have heard of him."

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Mystifies me even more that he'd try to fight the charges, like that Doc in Norfolk who claimed a Purple Heart and a BSM from a previous tour w/ FMF. It's quite easy to prove what you did or didn't do, and what medals you were or were not awarded, so what exactly do they think will come of fighting the charges?

I forget the psych term, but it's essentially telling a lie so often you start believing your own bullshit.

Not to threadjack this into another "awards system is totally screwed up" thread, but anyone else think maybe that if DoD pushed harder to publicize the honest-to-G-d war heroes, this might happen less often? Sixty years ago, everyone knew of Audie Murphy, Richard Bong, and the Doolittle Raiders. Nowadays, Joe Citizen knows who the finalists are on some inane TV weight-loss reality show, but knows nothing of LCPL Dunham or Lieutenant Murphy, Captains Zembiec or Chontosh, SSGT Peralta, etc. 21 soldiers have received the DSC in Iraq...you see any of them on the nightly news? The President just awarded another posthumous Medal of Honor, but you had to look hard to find the item in the paper. So when some jackass shows up sporting a Navy Cross, it's not like Joe Citizen figures "If he was a war hero, I would have heard of him."
No to prove your point, but that's Cpl Dunham.