• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Flight Contracts at USNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRM21o

How do Marines get flight contracts while at USNA? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Semper Fi

gtxc01

Marine Aviation selectees are chosen by a board, just like Navy guys, and find out during service selection night in February of Firstie year. To be competitive, you have to have attended Leatherneck, which is 4 weeks of Marine ground type stuff in Quantico during the summer and gotten good apptitude grades while there. PT scores factor into it, as well as Grades, Military Performance, Conduct, ECA's etc. There are 41 slots this year, and about 110 people signed up for it.

mav04

is that the totally amount of slots open this year for flight school? I'm planning on going into the reserves (marines)and applying for plc aviation (while in college)... what are my changes of acctually getting in a f-18 if I keep my grades up, physical shape, and meet the test requirements?

Ray

Getting an aviation billit does not guarantee jets. In fact the majority of people who enter flight school go somewhere else. And those that do go jets still have to compete to get a hornet slot.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The 41 slots are likely for Academy people only. The number sounds WAY too low to be nation-wide.

jdfairman

PHROGS 4EVER
I did the reserves PLC aviation thing. There is no way to determine your chances of getting a certain airframe at this point. There are an infinite number of variables. All you can do is bust your ass and do your best throughout OCS, TBS, and flight training. After that, all you can do is let the chips fall as they may. I know you've probably already heard this, and you're probably sick of hearing it. But its the truth. Thats the way it is.

GVSURob

so... if you go to OCS, TBS and flight school, is it still possible to not be a pilot in the marines??

Status
Not open for further replies.