• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Corps NFO...?

Hey guys,

I recently got my duty orders for NAMI, and I have a quick question. The document says, "I fully acknowledge my duties as a Naval Flight Officer Candidate in the Marine Officer Program.". I am planning on commissioning as an SNA, not NFO. I thought the NFO role in the Marine Corps had been phased out. After I took the ASTB, my OSO told me they don't even look at the FOFAR score anymore. I'm assuming the duty order may be written on an old template that hasn't been updated, but I wanted to ensure before I ask my OSO a dumb question. I never expressed interest in becoming an NFO, and I certainly never put it in writing. Is there a chance I've been an NFO candidate for the last three months without knowing?

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
Hey guys,

I recently got my duty orders for NAMI, and I have a quick question. The document says, "I fully acknowledge my duties as a Naval Flight Officer Candidate in the Marine Officer Program.". I am planning on commissioning as an SNA, not NFO. I thought the NFO role in the Marine Corps had been phased out. After I took the ASTB, my OSO told me they don't even look at the FOFAR score anymore. I'm assuming the duty order may be written on an old template that hasn't been updated, but I wanted to ensure before I ask my OSO a dumb question. I never expressed interest in becoming an NFO, and I certainly never put it in writing. Is there a chance I've been an NFO candidate for the last three months without knowing?
Man, I sure hope not buddy. Run!
1661999312651.gif

WannaFlyHigh

Hey guys,

This reminds me of the time from the January 2021 Aviation board when someone’s recruiter said they put their application in for a Pilot Enabled Flight Officer position lol

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I found out I was an SNA instead of an SNFO after I had been through NAMI, commissioned, and was headed to TBS.
Shit happens…not all of it bad.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Marine NFO is a small community and getting smaller. F/A-18Ds only…just be aware of the fact that you will have to change jobs if you want a full career in the Corps.

BarryD

Contributor
Marine NFO is a small community and getting smaller. F/A-18Ds only…just be aware of the fact that you will have to change jobs if you want a full career in the Corps.
I think they stopped selecting/contracting Marine SNFOs a few years ago.