• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Corps Designated MEUSOC M1911A1 as the 'M45'

FlyinRock

You made me smile with the callous on your hand remark! I've got a white scar in the same place! More than a million rounds thru just the 1911's left me that reminder!
Semper Fi
Rocky - Distinguished Pistol & Presidents 100 (and damned proud of it)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The 1911 thread reminds me of a guy I knew back in the early 60's who had crewed on a Foss tugboat out of Seattle. He told of towing barges loaded with surplus 1911's, M-1's, and carbines out to sea and dumping them in the ocean. :eek:
:confused::confused::confused:

:eek::eek::eek:

:icon_cryi :icon_cryi :icon_cryi

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.... reminds me of a guy I knew .... told of towing barges loaded with surplus 1911's, M-1's, and carbines out to sea and dumping them in the ocean. :eek:
I saw, w/ my own two beady lil' eyes ... a GM throw a Singer 1911 over the fantail (Singer = the sewing machine company -- something like only 500 ever made by them and very few extant) ... he had hauled a small lot of 1911's -- 6 -- up there that had been 'surveyed' out of the armory and there was no other possibility, from his limited, GI, government perspective ... except to dump them over the side.

A cryin' shame ... a near criminal act. :(

Singer manufactured .45 Caliber 1911 semi-automatic pistol