• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Aviation

andr3w

marine OCS hopeful here. I passed my astb almost went to PLC and then they cut it for my graduation year. Im graduating in may 2013 and Im hoping to go to OCC after. But it seems like every month I look on the news defense spending gets shafted. How are the chances for aspiring marine pilots right now. Is it time to run away and go join the circus or is there still hope?

robav8r

None
Contributor
. . . Is it time to run away and go join the circus ?

Depends how small your hands are :)

All branches of service will ALWAYS have a need for quality, first term talent. The sausage grinder is always working, the rate at which depends on the need - and you are bearing witness to a slowdown. Do the best you can to be competitve and don't worry about things you can't control. Good luck !!!

Reconjoe

Depends how small your hands are

Speaking from experience there?

Any branch will always need to replace the bottom of the totem pole from time to time...so even if there was massive cuts and the Corps. was booting people out left and right, there will still be a quota of new Lt's to fill. Things change quick and often in this department, so keep trying. And be prepared for people to ask you " Do you want to be a Marine or a pilot?" There is a big difference...going this route you need to be ok with the idea of being a Marine first.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
Join the circus and fuck the fat lady. If you look at Marine wives, they're fat. Get ahead of the game. Yut, yut mother fucker.

It's aweful early in the morning to be drunk posting. Besides, the Marine Corps doesn't corner the market on fat, disgusting manatee wives by a long shot.

KBayDog

It's aweful early in the morning to be drunk posting.

Blasphemer.jpg

robav8r

None
Contributor

Dude, did you read my profile? Of course I'm speaking from experience, I live in Southern Maryland !!! And, nice job paraphrasing my post, you are going to be awesome :)

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
It's aweful early in the morning to be drunk posting.
It was late at night where I am.
Besides, the Marine Corps doesn't corner the market on fat, disgusting manatee wives by a long shot.
Yeah, I know. But it's a thread about Marines not the other services (yes, it's a weak response but it's all I can think of right now).

HTW 22

I am commissioning in June. A lot of guys trying to get in to OCC from my OSS are having trouble because there aren't that many slots open anymore. Your best bet is to be as competitive as possible. Make sure your grades are in check and you have a perfect PFT.

djj34

pilot
I am commissioning in June. A lot of guys trying to get in to OCC from my OSS are having trouble because there aren't that many slots open anymore. Your best bet is to be as competitive as possible. Make sure your grades are in check and you have a perfect PFT.

That's no joke either. Last board for my district supposedly took 300 PFT'ers only, and not even all of them got picked up. Tough times to be getting in.

andr3w

" Do you want to be a Marine or a pilot?" There is a big difference...

Lol yeah i was informed I was a pussy for uttering the word pilot before Marine by my 6'2 Native American OSO when I first stepped into his office. Interesting recruiting technique...but I think it worked.
Anyways thanks for the good info I'll keep at it

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Marine OCS hopeful here. I passed my ASTB, almost went to PLC and then they cut it off for my graduation year. I'm graduating in May 2013 and I'm hoping to go to OCC after but it seems like every month I look on the news, defense spending gets shafted. How are the chances for aspiring Marine pilots right now? Is it time to run away and go join the circus or is there still hope?

Well, to answer your question, I hear the opportunity is excellent for English majors...everyone else has to go 0302.