• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine ASTB Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodman

I took the ASTB last week as part of my Marine app and I got a 7,8 according to the OSO. What 2 scores do these represent and why do the Marines only use 2 of the 5?

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Depends on which air position you're applying for I think...the first score should be your AQR and your second score will be your PFAR or FOFAR depending on which you're being contracted for...someone correct me if I'm wrong..

The last score will be your PBI or FOBI. Once again based on if you are 'P' Pilot or 'FO' Flight officer...BI stand for Biographical Inventory I think...this score is not presenting being used.

I started a thread in which I posted a web address for a University of Texas site that explains the whole test and what it means...scores and what not...if you don't find it I'll post it here when I have the chance

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Take a look here woodman...this should help you out...

www.utexas.edu/rotc/navy/marine/support/ASTB.htm

Daedalus

Can the ASTB scores for the Navy be used for an application for the Marines if you apply for the Marines instead of, or after, a Navy ap?

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
On the ASTB, are there the same amount of questions as on the study guide per section? I used the link above to find how much time we have, but I was wondering how many questions were in each section on the ASTB? Thanks.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
Stupid thing...Screwed me up...Never mind this post
banghead_125.gif

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
1. Math Verbal: 35 Minutes (~1 question/minute)
2. Mechanical Comprehension: 15 Minutes (~2 questions/minute)
3. Spacial Apperception: 10 Minutes (~3.5 questions/minute)
4. Aviation & Nautical Information: 15 Minutes (~2 questions/minute)
5. Biographical Information: 20 Minutes (~3.5 questions/minute)
6. Aviation Interest: 15 Minutes (~3.3 questions/minute)

Daedalus

Do you need to answer all the questions right to get 9's, or is there a small % wrong that will still get you a 9?
Thanks

wutzu

I got 17 wrong and still got a 9,9 PFAR and a 9,8 FOFAR. As long as you don't stress about the test, you'll do fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.