• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Marine Air vs Air Force or Navy

Lawman

None
HueyCobra8151 said:
The AFROTC here runs with mats, so that when they stop to do pushups, they won't get dirty...

Yours run :confused: Ours kinda do this formation Jog thing and then stop after 4 laps around the track to let some of the softer cadets suck wind for a while.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Lawman said:
Yours run :confused: Ours kinda do this formation Jog thing and then stop after 4 laps around the track to let some of the softer cadets suck wind for a while.

At least yours jog. Ours play frisbee while listening to Britney Spears CDs.

I sh!t you not.

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Before navy showed up at ERAU, the AFROTC only did pt once a week and that was for the fat bodies. Once NROTC showed up and saw us pt'ing everyday (3 days a week min. for every midn.), they did a little more to look good.

I caught them once doing meditation in the gym. They got a good laugh from the navy and army rotc units.

B

Blutonski816

CAn't say I've seen the AFROTC guys doing much here... and As far as I've heard there are only 53 cadets in their det... so prolly won't see much of 'em...

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Blutonski816 said:
CAn't say I've seen the AFROTC guys doing much here... and As far as I've heard there are only 53 cadets in their det... so prolly won't see much of 'em...

When i was a freshmen here at ERAU, I did AFROTC (due to NROTC not being here) and they had almost 600 cadets. I did not like it at all and when i found out about the navy coming to riddle, I was so happy.

gyrene

Marine SNA
from the marine side again:
don't aspire to be a marine aviator, aspire to be a marine first.

you can find further details on this in numerous other posts, you shouldn't have any problems finding them.

pjxc415

pilot
HueyCobra8151 said:
The AFROTC here runs with mats, so that when they stop to do pushups, they won't get dirty...

Ours at BU do two versions of pushups. In the first, they are in the normal pushup position and have someone straddling them right above their waste with arms on hips to assist the pushup. In the second version, my personal favorite, they lay on their backs and do an inverted pushup. Yes, they push the air. Me and my fellow Marines are usually stretching when this workout is occurring and whoever is leading the stretch usually likes to give the command "Eyes, Right" to observe these hard-charging cadets.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Sadly I saw all of this from the AF at VMI. The upside down pushup, frisbee, trips to the beach, etc.

MarineAir

Future Naval Aviator
Sadly I saw all of this from the AF at VMI. The upside down pushup, frisbee, trips to the beach, etc.
I did too when I was at The Citadel. One time we had to PT in the rain and cold,but the AFROTC cadets decided it was better to go to the auditorium to listen to an Air Force General give a speech. I think they laughed at us as they marched single file to the auditorium

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
pjxc415 said:
Ours at BU do two versions of pushups. In the first, they are in the normal pushup position and have someone straddling them right above their waste with arms on hips to assist the pushup. In the second version, my personal favorite, they lay on their backs and do an inverted pushup. Yes, they push the air. Me and my fellow Marines are usually stretching when this workout is occurring and whoever is leading the stretch usually likes to give the command "Eyes, Right" to observe these hard-charging cadets.
What good are either of those exercises?