• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Make Fun of your DI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Just wondering if anybody remembers any of those cool skits once you hit the last couple days of OCS.
We had a couple real good ones, but I can't rember them for the life of me!

shimbo

We had one skit of our Plt. Cmdr. and basically we ripped him apart. The whole staff(including the Company staff) was cracking up. Our Capt. looked pissed as hell while this was going on. One of the other Capt's saw his expression and turned to him and said, "Well, you know it's true." Lets just say we got a 'talk' about it that evening. He had calmed down a bit by then.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Unless it denigrated his character, he should have just taken it in stride and laughed. Letting it roll off his back would've come off much better, especially if you're just talking about making fun of his mannerisms and such.

Geoff08

LCpl USMCR
This isn't from OCS, but I laughed my ass off during bootcamp when we had the chance to do skits etc. We had this really little recruit who it turns out was great with impressions. He did all 3 drill instructors, series commander, company xo, and other recruits in the platoon. I laughed uncontrollably for the first time in a long time. He was so good that our DI's got other the platoon DI's and the company xo to come over and he did it all again.

motiv8r

we had one guy in my seniors platoon who had GySgt Barnes two years before at juniors (same platoon as me but different increment) and still did the impression so well that as soon as he did it for our staff they had to run into the duty hut so they wouldn't lose their bearing in front of us.

that's a three hunnet word essay due by taps, you got that?

aye pltoo saaaaaar

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
Barnes was awesome! Can’t believe he’s still around. “Get away from me, Rock” is the only quote that I remember.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Ease up on the DI's. You just do not understand what a hard life they have!

Do not understand how hard it is to keep "a War Face" with you guys and your "skits". Hard to keep from busting a gut laughing with you. Now how would that look?

It provides them with tales to tell for a lifetime.

JDawg2332

Getting some since 1775
The Chief said:
Ease up on the DI's. You just do not understand what a hard life they have!

Do not understand how hard it is to keep "a War Face" with you guys and your "skits". Hard to keep from busting a gut laughing with you. Now how would that look?

It provides them with tales to tell for a lifetime.
My staff (kilo first inc 2004) they were ALL laughing. It just shows to all the candidates that MAYBE, just MAYBE they MIGHT be human after all

Raptor2216

Oh man, if only I had a dime for everytime that Gunny Barnes said, "that's a three hunnet word essay due by taps, you got that?". When I went to jr's in 02, he was my plt. sgt and back then he was a SSgt. Good times!

Cerberus

P_ubhi18 said:
Oh man, if only I had a dime for everytime that Gunny Barnes said, "that's a three hunnet word essay due by taps, you got that?". When I went to jr's in 02, he was my plt. sgt and back then he was a SSgt. Good times!
No no no, you have it wrong! It's "You unnstand dat, THING?!"

riley

Candidates in our platoon did a skit with those campstools we were issued. They had a mock inspection with the camp stool acting as the rifle. When it came time for one candidate to do "inspection stool" he couldn't open it...

Looking back, it probably wasn't that funny, but at the time everyone was cracking up....

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
All the sick lame and lazies that were light duty and followed the platoon around with camp stools had to do camp stool drill.

devildog2307

Sgt Inst: eyeballs

candidates: SNAP!

Sgt Inst: haha funny, keep whispering you nasty things, EYEBALLS!

candidates: SNAP! (even louder than before)

Sgt Inst: You need to stop playing with my emotions! When you boys get back into my house tonight...we gone do some ****...that's right boys...there's gonna be pain. Oh you'll learn boys..trust me...(whispering)...trust me.

RyanVR

plc 186 comb. GySgt. Barnes was the company gunnery sergeant for Alpha company.

right before the night land nav test he was talking to alpha company about the test and whatnot. after standing in the rain for almost 2 hours it was about dark and his speech consisted of mostly

Ears!
--OPEN!

then after a while he threw out an
EYEBALLS!
and it was dark by this point so some people lost it.

Smith from 5th platoon did a pretty good impression of Sgt. Nixon ordering at McDonald's for our skit.

Status
Not open for further replies.