• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Mail order scam

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Did you get a "Dear Friend" email from a person trying to get you to help them get their money out of the country? I hate to break it to you, but those are scams. I get about a million of those junk emails in my yahoo mailbox everyday. I don't know what their game is, but I'm willing to bet it's something illegal.

Yeah...RockyMtnNFO made a funny :)

On another note, most people shred/toss all those credit card applications they get in the mail. Not me, I stuff everything (including the envelope it came in) back in the pre-paid envelope and send it back. I figure someone has to open it.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Yeah...RockyMtnNFO made a funny :)

On another note, most people shred/toss all those credit card applications they get in the mail. Not me, I stuff everything (including the envelope it came in) back in the pre-paid envelope and send it back. I figure someone has to open it.

That is brilliant. I'm totally doing that from now on.

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
If you report it as spam (using the provided button) in lieu of just blocking it, there's no limit and it helps refine Yahoo's own internal spam filter. I get very little actual spam on Yahoo in my inbox, but get 100-200 spam emails that get directed right into the trash.

Brett

Actually, every time I get those emails, I hit the "SPAM" button. I set it up where, every time I hit the SPAM button, it deletes the message, notifies Yahoo that it is spam, and blocks the email for good. It's weird, because I've already blocked ~400 addresses, and they're still coming (every one of those have been reported as spam). I guess it doesn't take much to set up a new email address, does it.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Actually, every time I get those emails, I hit the "SPAM" button. I set it up where, every time I hit the SPAM button, it deletes the message, notifies Yahoo that it is spam, and blocks the email for good. It's weird, because I've already blocked ~400 addresses, and they're still coming (every one of those have been reported as spam). I guess it doesn't take much to set up a new email address, does it.

Yeah, they've got it down to a science, randomizing first and last names, etc. They have bots that scour the internet for addys. Some of them I receive have 100 other yahoo addys in the CC that start with "Brett." Maybe I'm just more discrete with my addy, but it's not a big issue for me. I may get one or two per day that slip through.

Brett