• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Made selection what's next?

Kelsokrippler

Hello. I am new to this site. My recruiter called me earlier this week and told me I made selection for pilot. I am curious if anyone knows whats next or the general time frame until OCS. The other day I signed and emailed back some forms regarding JPAS/NASIS.

For those curious I am 25 with a BS in Biology from University of Washington. My college GPA was 2.9 I did take a lot of pre-med classes such as Calculus, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Genetics, Biochemistry, etc. My ASTB scores were 7, 6, 7, 60.

Good luck to others trying to get in.

Irishav8r

Naval Aviator
Rock on dude congrats on selection. I was also recently selected for OCS this past board. We are now waiting on FS letters to go out with our start dates. Someone posted some of the OCS dates up here somewhere, just dont remember where. Anyway just from what I am reading and hearing study the big 4 on the gouge and try to memorize as much as possible. Keep doing physical training too. I am sure more seasoned guys/gals will chime in and tell you more though. I am sure we will meet up in the near future. Good luck man!

Off the top of my head, the closest start dates are 25 Aug, 15 Sep, 6 Oct and 26 Oct I believe

EDIT: Just found it. http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/fy14-class-dates.40403/

SeaBoundRhino

I thought this was America
pilot
First, congrats on getting selected! Second, your recruiter should give you a date for OCS and a list of items you need to bring; he will give you all the guidance you need for getting to OCS. As for OCS itself the best advice I can say is don't take anything personally (which is probably a good ability to have for the rest of your career) be obnoxiously loud, keep your head down and press. Also, PT now and PT often...

Semper Fidelis

Kelsokrippler

Rock on dude congrats on selection. I was also recently selected for OCS this past board. We are now waiting on FS letters to go out with our start dates. Someone posted some of the OCS dates up here somewhere, just dont remember where. Anyway just from what I am reading and hearing study the big 4 on the gouge and try to memorize as much as possible. Keep doing physical training too. I am sure more seasoned guys/gals will chime in and tell you more though. I am sure we will meet up in the near future. Good luck man!

Off the top of my head, the closest start dates are 25 Aug, 15 Sep, 6 Oct and 26 Oct I believe

EDIT: Just found it. http://www.airwarriors.com/community/index.php?threads/fy14-class-dates.40403/

Thanks for the OCS class dates. I think I would prefer September 15 it would give me time to visit family and friends before going but I can go whenever I have no significant commitments. The sooner the better I have been in this process for nearly a year due to switching recruiters and having to give information again, taking ASTB twice first time was 5,5,5,47 and also having to re-take the depth perception with MEPS at first they refuse to retest me since I qualified for basic service.

Kelsokrippler

First, congrats on getting selected! Second, your recruiter should give you a date for OCS and a list of items you need to bring; he will give you all the guidance you need for getting to OCS. As for OCS itself the best advice I can say is don't take anything personally (which is probably a good ability to have for the rest of your career) be obnoxiously loud, keep your head down and press. Also, PT now and PT often...

Semper Fidelis

Thanks for the advice I am actually looking forward to the physical tests of OCS I am very competitive and I enjoy pushing my limits. I am a fitness freak I am a strong guy with incredible endurance. The main thing I am concerned about is all the yelling it seems I'll be doing at OCS; I do not do much yelling. I think my leadership is strongest when I lead by example.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Hello. I am new to this site. My recruiter called me earlier this week and told me I made selection for pilot. I am curious if anyone knows whats next or the general time frame until OCS. The other day I signed and emailed back some forms regarding JPAS/NASIS.

For those curious I am 25 with a BS in Biology from University of Washington. My college GPA was 2.9 I did take a lot of pre-med classes such as Calculus, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Genetics, Biochemistry, etc. My ASTB scores were 7, 6, 7, 60.

Good luck to others trying to get in.
WSU>uw

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
If you haven't started to prepare mentally (studying basic Navy rank structure, etc.) and physically, I'd highly recommend doing so now! Also, has your N3M letter come out yet?

Kelsokrippler

If you haven't started to prepare mentally (studying basic Navy rank structure, etc.) and physically, I'd highly recommend doing so now! Also, has your N3M letter come out yet?

What is a N3M letter? If it has to do with medical stuff I believe I am completely cleared. I went through MEPS and passed the medical exams sometime last May.

FormerRecruitingGuru

N3M letter is well a letter from Navy Recruiting Command officially saying you're qualified/not-qualified for service. Once you complete your physical, your forms get sent to NRC Medical (N3M) for review. Generally when the MEPS doctors qualify you for service, N3M will as well. This letter on top of your JPAS being finished are what's needed for a FINSEL letter.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
The main thing I am concerned about is all the yelling it seems I'll be doing at OCS; I do not do much yelling.

No one really yells much prior to OCS.

Use your diaphragm, occasionally put hot water in your canteen to soothe your throat, and just look pissed off when yelling.

BleedGreen

pilot
N3M letter is well a letter from Navy Recruiting Command officially saying you're qualified/not-qualified for service. Once you complete your physical, your forms get sent to NRC Medical (N3M) for review. Generally when the MEPS doctors qualify you for service, N3M will as well. This letter on top of your JPAS being finished are what's needed for a FINSEL letter.

Sir,
Do you know what the average wait time is between pro-rec and final select for a selectee with their N3M letter and a current clearance?

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
No one really yells much prior to OCS.

Use your diaphragm, occasionally put hot water in your canteen to soothe your throat, and just look pissed off when yelling.

Oh, and get the "cold-pack mass chit," so you can carry on the tradition of buying thousands of cough drops from the NEX. Stay away from the purple Cepacol with dextro in them, they taste awful and don't do much. Halls cherry cough drops are money. And get Airborne.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Oh, and get the "cold-pack mass chit," so you can carry on the tradition of buying thousands of cough drops from the NEX. Stay away from the purple Cepacol with dextro in them, they taste awful and don't do much. Halls cherry cough drops are money. And get Airborne.

Cough drops are to OCS what cigarettes are to prison.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Sir,
Do you know what the average wait time is between pro-rec and final select for a selectee with their N3M letter and a current clearance?

Anywhere from a few weeks to 60+ days. If your JPAS and N3M are already done, you should see your FINSEL letter sooner than later.