• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

M 16 and M4 Civilian Variants

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Dunno about Colt AR$ (sic) .... but my new Ruger SR-556 just keeps on truckin' for @ $1600 in the original package ('course I added some 'fluff' to it :D) ...

How low can Colt's go?? My early ones were tagged & bagged for @ $350-400 ... I suppose that's 'low', all things considered.

Call me when it's over. :)

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I've never felt much like paying the premium Colt's get from some people. That said I picked up my $1100 6920 last night and I have to say it's really nice.

MasterBates

Anyone get their lowers yet? No call from the Camp Allen MCX yet.. but if other have gotten their lowers, I should swing by the MCX later.

Bevo16

pilot
Money, I just bought a 10.5" LMT Upper for one of them that I purchased.....and the next is going to be a MK 12 MOD 0 Clone, pics to follow.

Do you have any experience with LMT? The folks that I shoot with down at MSI have had a lot of trouble with LMT rifles basically falling apart on them with very limited use. Several have totally shot their barrels out after just a few thousand rounds, and others had the barrels basically seperate from the rest of the upper receiver. A whole batch of LMT rifles had to be junked after they all went to crap at once (could not group, and the problems listed above).

It's not like I am shopping, but the folks that know a lot more about AR's than we do have sworn off them for good.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Anyone get their lowers yet? No call from the Camp Allen MCX yet.. but if other have gotten their lowers, I should swing by the MCX later.

Mine are still MIA. I've tried to call those guys a couple of times but no answer and no return call yet.

FLY_USMC

pilot
I haven't gotten my Lowers either. The big problem I have is nowhere during the checkout process did they say ANYTHING about only shipping the lowers to an FFL. I mean we all know they are supposed to, I just kind of assumed they'd email me asking where I wanted them shipped to, since the address I put down had to match my CC#. SO, in all honesty, I'm starting to wonder a bit about them.

As for experience with LMT, yeah, I mean I guess I do. I've talked with a lot of the Spec Ops guys about their MK18 MOD0's they have, and they absolutely adore them, and they are essentially stock 10.5" LMT's. They get great reviews all over the net, I'm surprised you know someone who's had multiple problems with them. Actually I'm not surprised, nothing surprises me anymore.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Dunno about Colt AR$ (sic) .... but my new Ruger SR-556 just keeps on truckin' for @ $1600 in the original package ('course I added some 'fluff' to it :D) ...

How low can Colt's go?? My early ones were tagged & bagged for @ $350-400 ... I suppose that's 'low', all things considered.

Call me when it's over. :)

Have you noticed any unusual wear on your SR-556 buffer tube from "carrier tilt"? It's a common challenge on most piston guns. Different companies handle it different ways. For example LWRC's bolt carrier is thicker at the rear in an attempt to prevent the carrier from tilting while it recoils from the piston strike.

You may see a little "extra" wear where the bottom of the bolt carrier enters the buffer tube. Word from Ruger is that this is normal wear that stops as the weapon "breaks in" after a few hundred rounds. Just another shiny spot that you lube before you shoot. The AR community is watching the SR-556 closely and it is getting great reviews, especially for a brand new weapon.

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
I haven't gotten my Lowers either. The big problem I have is nowhere during the checkout process did they say ANYTHING about only shipping the lowers to an FFL. I mean we all know they are supposed to, I just kind of assumed they'd email me asking where I wanted them shipped to, since the address I put down had to match my CC#. SO, in all honesty, I'm starting to wonder a bit about them.

I just had my FFL send them the paperwork. No way they will ship without it. Some folks don't ask for it until things are ready to ship.

They seem to keep the web site updated now and then so I'm not going to worry to much yet. I'm pretty sure this is a one man operation who gathered up a bunch of orders via the auction site and placed an order with someone. Similar to a "group buy". This company and our lowers are probably at the end of a VERY long line of back orders.

I'm thinking about asking about them on the AR15.com site. I don't think they are but if they are ripping off anyone someone there will know.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Have you noticed any unusual wear on your SR-556 buffer tube from "carrier tilt"? .....The AR community is watching the SR-556 closely and it is getting great reviews, especially for a brand new weapon.

rugersr556text.jpg

Roger that; I heard about it during my stupid study prior to purchase, but I went ahead anyway -- trusting (but willing to verify) in the Ruger brand. So far -- @ 300 rounds downrange w/ no drips, runs, or errors ... everything's 'tight' w/ no visible wear as of yet. It's a tack-driver, w/ various electronic, straight glass, or iron sights. But thanks for the head's-up check -- I will keep an eye on it. I swapped out the buttstock for a MAGPUL and am looking for some shorter rail covers, as the 3 provided are all 6-inch.

That's what she said ....

I THINK Ruger did their homework and this will turn out to be a welcome addition to the AR family of man. A lot of nay-sayers are STILL bitching @ Bill Ruger, Sr. supporting gun control in the late 80's-early 90's (some say there was a self-serving motive was behind it :)) and proclaim they will 'refuse' to buy it as a result -- but the Rugers aren't running the company these days anymore than COL Colt is running his ...

I had one issue w/ a spring --
yeah, I know -- coulda' gone to Brownell's and turned a $2 spring into a $10 one ... but I didn't. I called customer service -- the guy said "the rifle is so new, we don't even have the small parts in stock -- let me see what I can do" .... next day a call back w/an affirmative -- 3 days later the spring arrived Priority Mail.

You can't do mo bettah' than dat, Bruddah !!! :D

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
This company and our lowers are probably at the end of a VERY long line of back orders.

I'm thinking about asking about them on the AR15.com site. I don't think they are but if they are ripping off anyone someone there will know.

Mine have not been received, either.

They asked for my FFL's info right when I placed the order; they've had it for months.

If they don't ship within the next 2 months or so, I may be PCSed out of the area before they get here.:eek:

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
rugersr556text.jpg

Roger that; I heard about it during my stupid study prior to purchase, but I went ahead anyway -- trusting (but willing to verify) in the Ruger brand. So far -- @ 300 rounds downrange w/ no drips, runs, or errors ... everything's 'tight' w/ no visible wear as of yet......

..........am looking for some shorter rail covers, as the 3 provided are all 6-inch.

If you haven't seen any wear by now I don't think you will..

PK Firearms has some Knight's rail covers in several lengths. They aren't cheap or super light weight but they are solid. PKF ships really fast. I've used them several times in the past.

Congrats on a cool bang stick

http://www.pkfirearms.com/select_options/new/571

Rocketman

Rockets Up
Contributor
Got an email back from these guys after a couple of tries.

From
GBfirearmsales@aol.com
Emails will go out in the next 2 days, if your purchase is missing anything well let you know shortly

On Jul 31, 2009, at 9:28 AM, Rocketman wrote:

Guys I need an update on this order please. I also need confirmation that you received my FFL's paper.

I've made several phone inquires during business hours and at least 1 email request for status without any response. I knew when I placed the order there would be a long wait and that's not a problem. That said I see from the latest website update that the receivers might have started shipping on 7/10.

I need to know if you have my FFL paperwork and I need to have some kind of an idea when my 2 lowers might ship.

Thanks

Rocketman