• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lowes Discount

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
I just bought a house here in Orange Park and that 10% is a GOOD thing! Home Depot is doing it as well! And not to knock NEX but Home depot or lowes w/ 10% off is the same if not lower price on most stuff and usually has better quality! So I've found.

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
Well, exchange is over priced, because they have to make a profit..

I recently bought a generator and a bunch of other crap and used a Lowes 10% coupon at Home Depot and saved $82.. :) Money is money..

And you can always get a new Lowes coupon, just change the address slightly, spell out everything, abbreviate, etc.. not sure if there is any way for them to catch duplicate requets.. but, eh, whatever. :)

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Elder said:
Well, exchange is over priced, because they have to make a profit.
Whatever profit they make, if any, is supposed to get dumbed into the base MWR fund.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Lowe's is Canadian owned ... plus they have crummby selection(s) compared to Home Depot. Home Depot was born in Altanta .... so get the Lowe's discount, if you must, and take it to Home Depot for matching .... ??? :)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Elder said:
Well, exchange is over priced, because they have to make a profit..

:)

I'm pretty sure the stockholders of Lowes and Home Depot expect them to make a profit too.

You can always beat the exchange/commissary on individual items periodically, but over time they are 10-25% cheaper on avg. If you're a savvy shopper (I'm not, but my wife definitely is) you go to both the PX/comm and commercial sources to get the best prices. Walmart will price-match, and Sears will too, plus 5% (or something like that) of the difference.