• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lots of questions

EHS22

Alright, so when i get older a want to be a pilot in the USMC. I have some questions that maybe some of you guys can answer.
1. What are the steps to becoming an officer? What is the best path to go down NROTC, Naval Academy, etc..
2. How tough is the training? What are good qualties to have going into training?
Can somebody who has been through of this explain it to me?
Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
This site has lots of answers (to all of your questions, and millions of other things you didn't know to have an opinion about!). But I think you'll find you'll be better off (and happier for it) if you take several hours to look for them yourself. Lots of interesting, motivating, and useful stories here, I think you'll find.

/was your age when I first started lurking around here.

As to best path I can tell you that's probably different for each person's needs and goals.

Trev82

pilot
wow those are pretty loaded questions, to answer all that i would need to grab a six pack put my dog in his crate put my girlfriend to bed and take something to stay awake. By that i mean it could take a while to answer everything you seek. I would definitely scour this site and all the various threads to find your answer and you will. what grade are you in anyways?

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
I'm in 10th grade.

Best thing you can do right now is to stay out of trouble. You can make things very difficult for yourself if you get a minor, DUI, yada yada. Not to say impossible, but more work.
Search these terms:
PLC, NROTC, USNA, OCS, TBS.

It's a good place to start. If you're looking at applying for a scholarship for NROTC or an appointment for The USNA then now is the time to start getting your ducks in a row, as it will be next year that you'll be putting that in (probably).

Other advice? Play some sports, get good grades, and oh yeah- just in case I missed it: stay out of trouble. :D

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe a better way to start off is for you to post what your impressions are of Navy and Marine Air...why you want to be a Marine pilot particularly...and any more specific questions you have. That gives us something more to start with than "someone explain how this works to me'.

Some of your questions - how "tough" is the training, "best" path to becoming an officer - are unanswerable, because so much depends on the individual and his/her background and talents. Some opinions and experiences have been offered. Check the USNA, OCS, Marne OCS/TBS, and pipeline-specific threads.

Your other questions - how the whole process works - can be found in a few minutes with a Google search. Self-motivation and initiative are qualities you're expected to posses as a Navy or Marine officer; and besides, a new hopeful shows up every day around here asking for the same basic information. But to get you started: Navy OCS, Marine OCS, USNA, Naval Air Training Command.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Alright, so when i get older a want to be a pilot in the USMC. I have some questions that maybe some of you guys can answer.
1. What are the steps to becoming an officer? What is the best path to go down NROTC, Naval Academy, etc..
2. How tough is the training? What are good qualties to have going into training?
Can somebody who has been through of this explain it to me?
Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Alright, so, like, try reading stickies and using the search function.

These are very common questions, so dig around a bit, read up and then come back and see if there is something new we can answer for you.