• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Loss Of Aircraft

DesertRooster

The King of Nothing
Say your aircraft is destroyed due to a mechanical issue, it is a total loss ,and you are ok what happens after that? Do you get a new Aircraft?

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
A lengthy investigation followed by an change of the MSR or EAOS to 30 years in the future for the guilty party to pay it back. Ever wonder why so many senior leaders have a "back when I was a JO, you could really screw things up and survive!" story? There's your answer.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Gotta get that GAP protection for the F-35s, too. Don't forget that. What if you total it during acceptance flights?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
It depends if the mechanical failure is the canopy opening in flight because you unlocked it early because you wanted to hop out and get a burrito.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
It depends if it's still under warranty... Also, did you pay extra for the rental insurance? That matters too.
True but you have to check the insurance box in the air craft log book.
Other wise your on the hook for it and have to get a second job.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Say your aircraft is destroyed due to a mechanical issue, it is a total loss ,and you are ok what happens after that? Do you get a new Aircraft?
Don't let these guys mess with you. There's no need for a new plane when they always give you a turning spare for really important missions. You might owe the maintainers a case of beer if you destroy one of their jets, but they're used that kind of thing...happens all the time.

The real trick is to know which side number to pick on airplane selection day. You don't wanna get stuck with a shitty ride your whole time in the squadron. Again, a case of beer to the maintainers might get you a peek at the ADB beforehand (think CarFax for airplanes).

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Plus, you don't even have to bother going through maintenance control after you crash. No MAF's to write, no codes, no engine numbers.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
In the Navy we have to roll by the geedunk and fill out a few forms. If you've been working hard on your qualifications you may have had upgraded missiles, radar, or motors on your jet. The most important is the ID One Zero Tango...that's your request to get back in the air, even if it's only been a few days.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
The real trick is to know which side number to pick on airplane selection day. You don't wanna get stuck with a shitty ride your whole time in the squadron. Again, a case of beer to the maintainers might get you a peek at the ADB beforehand (think CarFax for airplanes).

I guess I've never thought about this. Do you fly the same aircraft your entire tour? I'm used to the flight school/FRS method of taking whatever is available, so I was under the impression that's how it would always be.