• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for OCS academic manual/gouge

USN1855

You should have been given a book before you submitted your application, at least you signed a piece of paper saying you did. When you swear in you will be given another booklet, and you could ask for it earlier.
I would say much of what happens depends on the DI, one of my guys studied and memorized both handbooks he was given, when he came back he said thanks for them because the guys in his class that didn't know the stuff in the handouts felt MUCH more pain.

NavyOffRec, Is the book before you submit your application that you are referencing the "Naval Officer Delayed Entry Program Guide to Success"? Thank you!

exNavyOffRec

NavyOffRec, Is the book before you submit your application that you are referencing the "Naval Officer Delayed Entry Program Guide to Success"? Thank you!
nope, that is the standard stuff that for the most part doesn't change, this is sent out in pdf and printed by the NRD, standard paper size booklet.

USN1855

Hmmm. Then I dont have this booklet...and to my knowledge I never signed a paper saying I received one (nor is such a paper in all my saved copies on documents)...is there a specific name to this booklet so I can talk to my OR about getting it? Thank You!!!

exNavyOffRec

I am trying to remember the exact name, I believe it is only required to be distributed upon signing enlistment documents.

jmcquate

Contributor
It's been 25 years since my summer vacation at Camp Upsher for PLC, but from what I remember the hardest part of classroom work was staying awake. Does the navy have more acedemics?