• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

looking for info on aviation warfare systems operator

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
But from here on out I will go ahead and take Sly’s advice and just ignore any grammar bashing. Because the funny thing about on the internet (which Airwarriors.com is) is I don’t have to actually care what you have to say

You never know....you might be talking to one of your future bosses. Small world.
:icon_wink

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
DOR?!?! Since when can an AW quit "A" School? At the risk of getting the reputation of the dinosaur, it used to be the only thing that got you out of "A" School was failing academically. DOR out of the AW pipeline, I never would've thought. Good riddance, the rate has no room for quitters.

Aviation is still a voluntary endeavor - aircrew or otherwise. DOR has always been an option.

Brett

phrogpilot73

If everyone can, try to use less abbreviation’s because newbie over here has no idea what a good half of those mean. (or at least explain them)
While I could take the time to explain them to you, I won't. Since you seem so internet saavy, I assume you would have already found an acronym dictionary here and here. Quick search shows that it has the definition of HSL at the very least, I would assume that it means that it probably has the others.

AirWarriors.com is on the internet and while I understand that most people on here are used to official speak I did say I would work on it. But from here on out I will go ahead and take Sly’s advice and just ignore any grammar bashing. Because the funny thing about on the internet (which Airwarriors.com is) is I don’t have to actually care what you have to say.
You're correct, Air Warriors is on the internet. However, I would caution you in your cavalier tone/attitude towards listening to us or caring what we have to say. First, this board is populated by active duty, reserve, and retired members of the military from Second Class Petty Officers up to an active duty Rear Admiral. Second, if you don't care what we have to say, then don't ask.

Anyone with wings under their names is someone who has proven themselves to the Navy/Marine Corps/Coast Guard, and is where you want to be. This website doesn't exist so that we can coddle you and make you feel good about your decisions. This website exists for us, as a virtual Ready Room/Wardroom and you're invading it.

Oh, and in case you're curious - the active duty Rear Admiral just happens to be the Chief of Naval Air Training. You may want to give a shit what he has to say...

Currently I assume the only backup plan I have is going infantry, I suppose if I enlisted and everything went horribly wrong I could just go to collage afterwards and attempt to find another way... My dream job is to fly in combat I have no other the only reason I am looking at the navy is because I am under the impression that it is easer to fly in the navy then in the marines.
$20 says that if you go infantry, you'll end up in H&S Company. Those who have been in an Infantry Battalion know what I'm talking about...

It's actually easier to fly in the civilian world than in the military. I suggest you look into it.

HeloBubba

SH-2F AW
Contributor
Aviation is still a voluntary endeavor - aircrew or otherwise. DOR has always been an option.

Brett

Yes, the flying part of the rate IS voluntary. You could sign your Page 13 and quit flying anytime you wanted to. Back in the day (I don't know about now) there were a few non-flying billets for AW's. But "quitting" your rate is a different story. How do you just quit your job in the Navy? My original statement stands, the only thing that got you out of AW "A" School was failing academically.

BourneID

pilot
If you no longer volunteer for flying, they will assign you a new rate. Even thought there were and stilla re very few non flying billets, those individuals that take those billets are still aviators, and are required to remain in an UP status.