• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for great area to live in/around Brunswick

Sabre170

None
I am hoping to get Brunswick and am interested in places to live and to have a few questions answered.

Are there basements is base housing?

Living on base, can you keep the place as warm as you want it, or does the housing office charge you extra if you go over a set allotment? I ask because I thought the base housing offices are trying to crack down on those who abuse the AC and heat.

How big are the houses on base?

What elementary school does the base kids go to?

What are the nice areas to live in off base?

If we live off base, what are the areas to AVOID?

Any other insightful info on Brunswick would be appreciated.

PS. Anyone have a house they want to rent out starting in July/August?

Pags

N/A
pilot
I don't know too much about the area, but Mrs. Pags went to school up there and constantly reminds me that if they ever decide to fly helos out of there again, that she'd love to go back.

I cant answer many specifics about base housing, but be prepared for some sticker shock on house prices around Brunswick, since the college drives prices up. That being said, Brunswick is a very small town, and I don't think there are many bad areas to live. If you want something more suburban, you should proably look into heading south towards Portland. Anything to the north of Brunswick gets pretty rural.

It's a great area though if you like the outdoors.