• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for gouge? Ask your Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation here (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow. Rep explosion. Thanks, all. Now I just gotta go out and DO what I just regurgitated. :D

Nose

pilot
Alright, got it. Was thinking 2 moves to correct rather than 3.

Thanks again

Best analogy I ever heard was merging into traffic on the highway.

1. Lots of gas to accelerate into the flow,

2. Back off the gas so you don't hit the guy in front of you

3. A bit back on to match speeds

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Best analogy I ever heard was merging into traffic on the highway.

1. Lots of gas to accelerate into the flow,

2. Back off the gas so you don't hit the guy in front of you

3. A bit back on to match speeds
I think the I-5 merging SOP incorporates only the first rule...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think the I-5 merging SOP incorporates only the first rule...
Well further north on I-5, you have to include the other 2 . . . because half the WA drivers are cowards who insist on going 5 UNDER the speed limit on a clear dry day. :banghead_

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A full day without a Stupid Question? Wow...

So here's one (or two). The "World Famous" often tagged onto squadron names. I've been told that it actually means something - the squadron has been on a 'round the world cruise. Anyone know if that's true?

And how about "Fighting," as in the VAW-78 "Fighting Escargots"?

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
So here's one (or two). The "World Famous" often tagged onto squadron names. I've been told that it actually means something - the squadron has been on a 'round the world cruise. Anyone know if that's true?

I am pretty sure that VT-27, The "World Famous" Boomers haven't been on an around the world cruise. :D I could be wrong though.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I am pretty sure that VT-27, The "World Famous" Boomers haven't been on an around the world cruise. :D I could be wrong though.
HEY!!! You-all smile when you say that, Pilgrim.

VA-165 "BOOMERS" (don't know @ world famous -- but a VT with the moniker of "Boomers":icon_lol: ... I smirk )

VA-95 "World Famous" Green Lizards (not officially w/f, but we always called 'em that ...)

VA-192 "World Famous" Golden Dragons (hey, do you suppose - maybe it's got something to do with reptiles ... ???)

More later if/when I finish my Bloody Mary ... :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Boomers (VT-27) weren't around in your day A4s?
They were in Corpus, flying the TS-2A -- advanced multi-engine syllabus -- if memory serves. They had recently been relocated from New Iberia prior to that NAS closing.

The first "BOOMER" squadron I became aware of was VA-165. VT-27, while perhaps calling themselves "Boomers", was most certainly NOT "world famous" and did not "boom" much, either. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.