• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for gouge? Ask your Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation here (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
BOQ's are cool. :D

When I showed up in PCola ... the BOQ @ Mainside had a finer car lot than ANY high-end dealership, anywhere, anytime.

Today .... :sleep_125
Ya, I've noticed. Whats up with that? Back in the day there were all sorts of sports cars, dirt bikes, crotch rockets and boats in the 'Q lot. Why the change in culture? Wait a minute, the answer(s) will probably depress me and make A4's weep.

MasterBates

Because they have made the BOQ suck to live at.

O-Clubs not open like they used to be. God help you getting women who are not dependents on base, etc.

Also with BAH rates being what they are now, you are "not getting your moneys worth" in the BOQ vice living in a rented house with your buds.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Thanks a lot guys. I didn't know about room inspections...that sucks, I got enough of that in a year at VT. Hopefully I can minimize the time in the 'Q' and stay un-married for the time being...she's really throwing the pressure on. But, I'm sure she has this vision of me in the future, and it will all change when the Navy tells me what I'm to do with my life:

986TGN_Val_Kilmer_006.jpg

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Room inspections?!? Okay, I can understand basic cleanliness and order, but busting on an officer for having a Coke can in the trash? That's what a trash can is for. I wouldn't even bust a LCpl for that unless its 5 minutes after a field day.

When I was an IP, we did have an instructor in lukewarm water for having alcohol RC model fuel in his Q room. That I could kind of understand, fire hazard and all.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
You have a FTL (Fire Team Leader) - usually a junior or sophomore who comes in once a day and makes sure your room is looking Spartan. My roommate and I never failed, but some guys got extra RPT on hell nights or were denied r-pass (rat pass) on weekend nights. This, of course, was after red phase when we were allowed to go out.

Pretty lame. I understood why they did it - attention to detail, etc. - it just gets old after a year of it, and not having those extra minutes to sleep for engineering finals.

phrogpilot73

When I was an IP, we did have an instructor in lukewarm water for having alcohol RC model fuel in his Q room. That I could kind of understand, fire hazard and all.
I can understand that one... I was at Desert Talon for the Air Officer course, and was getting ready to head home. Had two white gas canisters, partially full of fuel. Can't take those on a plane... So I did what any good LCpl/Capt would do... I dumped it out on the ground behind the Q. Thinking that it would evaporate in the Yuma heat. Not so much. Now I didn't want to get in trouble with the EPA. Got my lighter and... See where this is going? Man it burned for a while...

DSL1990

VMI Cadet 4/c, MIDN 4/c
You have a FTL (Fire Team Leader) - usually a junior or sophomore who comes in once a day and makes sure your room is looking Spartan. My roommate and I never failed, but some guys got extra RPT on hell nights or were denied r-pass (rat pass) on weekend nights. This, of course, was after red phase when we were allowed to go out.

Pretty lame. I understood why they did it - attention to detail, etc. - it just gets old after a year of it, and not having those extra minutes to sleep for engineering finals.

inspection every day? i think most military schools have inspection only once a week (or maybe i am wrong about that)

ok. thanx. VT/VTCC is one of the schools i am trying to choose between... in like... 14 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.