• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for gouge? Ask your Stupid Questions about Naval Aviation here (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
According to the diagram it says the wing tip pods have jamming capability.

1,2,3,4,5.:confused:

ea-18g-image100.jpg

http://www.military-aerospace-technology.com/article.cfm?DocID=308

http://www.es.northropgrumman.com/ASD/brochures/ALQ218.pdf
The gist of it?
The salesman said:
The ALQ-218 is the world’s only tactical jamming receiver system with proven “look-through” software to permit periodic surveillance of the threat environment while jamming is in progress. The “lookthrough” capability allows the ALQ-218 receiver system to operate in close proximity to onboard high power jammers.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
According to the diagram it says the wing tip pods have jamming capability.

1,2,3,4,5.:confused:

Actually, it doesn't (see Raptor's pic). You are misinterpreting the diagram. Less inane posting, more paying attention to your elders.

Brett

Nose

pilot
More stupid questions:
STAN

And although I already know that NMCI stands for Navy Marine Corps Intranet could someone with a little more knowledge explain what it's used for - even though it fails at life apparently?

STAN is "standardization".

NMCI (aka Not Mission Capable Internet) is a system used throughout the Navy (except in places where they need actual connectivity.) It is a one stop shop for all your computing needs. In theory, every desktop "seat" (computer) can be used by every NMCI user. When we went on det to Fallon, they told us not to bring our PC's because they had NMCI there. It was great, you could log on to Fallon's computer and get all of your stuff. The thing they forgot to mention was that there was 1 computer per squadron. That worked out well. Oh, and if you had someone with a PhD in computer networking, you could also assign your stuff to print to the printer in Fallon too. (When we RTB'd to Norfolk, there were about 250 things we had printed in Fallon waiting for us on our computer. VERY NICE. On top of that, everything I printed for the next week also got printed in Fallon.)

Like Quagmire's Universal Health care, it is a good idea ruined by the government.

It probably would have worked if they had used MACs.

phrogpilot73

Just to build upon what skidkid said, and since Ops clerks screw it up all the time, our NVG time is actually NVG/LLL in the SCT block. So if you see 3.0/- in your SCT block, it's 3.0 of HLL. 3.0/3.0 would be 3.0 of LLL. Some of them think it's HLL/LLL, so I saw in my logbook (as I'm working on digitizing it) 1.0/2.0 which should actually be 3.0/2.0.

Achilles

That dog won't hunt, Monsignor!
pilot
This question isn't specific to Naval Aviation but it's a stupid question so I figured this would be the best place to ask. What's going to be the difference between the new riverine forces and SWCC's? Are SWCC more task oriented towards SEAL delivery and retrieval, while the riverine forces are more for patrolling purposes?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This question isn't specific to Naval Aviation but it's a stupid question so I figured this would be the best place to ask. What's going to be the difference between the new riverine forces and SWCC's? Are SWCC more task oriented towards SEAL delivery and retrieval, while the riverine forces are more for patrolling purposes?

SWCCs are part of SPECWARCOM and their watercraft are part of the Naval Special Warfare Groups (3&4) that provide mobility to the Naval Special Warfare Groups (1&2) that include the SEAL Teams.

Riverine Squadrons are part of the Riverine Group that reports to Naval Expeditionary Combat Command (NECC). See link for release on what they do.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Here is a stupid question. What is the correct capitalization for "officer" "navy" and "enlisted"?

phrogpilot73

Here is a stupid question. What is the correct capitalization for "officer" "navy" and "enlisted"?
They're all proper nouns. An Officer in the United States Navy commands Enlisted men. Does that help?

Of course, sometimes they're not. i.e. - he enlisted in the Marine Corps vice the Navy.

Status
Not open for further replies.