• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for a place in Naval Aviation, with a pretty significant caveat.

b0pric01

pilot
Good luck man, I'm a Mechanical Engineering student and kind of did the same thing (sorry, had no physical problems though so I have no advice as far as that goes.) My girlfriend and I had been dating for almost 6 years when I went to OCS (10 week PLC-C) and it just made our relationship stronger. Apparently commitment isn't valued much by some of these guys, which is odd, but it wasn't too bad. Hope everything turns out well for you.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Good luck man, I'm a Mechanical Engineering student and kind of did the same thing (sorry, had no physical problems though so I have no advice as far as that goes.) My girlfriend and I had been dating for almost 6 years when I went to OCS (10 week PLC-C) and it just made our relationship stronger. Apparently commitment isn't valued much by some of these guys, which is odd, but it wasn't too bad. Hope everything turns out well for you.

None of us have a problem with commitment. It's when that commitment turns into crazy several years later. Hence the reason you'll always hear the caveat wait until after flight school at a minimum, and preferably a deployment.

b0pric01

pilot
None of us have a problem with commitment. It's when that commitment turns into crazy several years later. Hence the reason you'll always hear the caveat wait until after flight school at a minimum, and preferably a deployment.

I LOL'd. Yeah, I can see that, except I have been with my fiance for 6 years, so I think it would be a pretty big dick move to push her off to the side, or push her off altogether. She has to stay home while I go to TBS though, which will be like 1 month after we get married.

Either way, good luck OP.

Pariel

Just got back from MEPS. Longest eight hours of my life.

Got a 9/14 on the PIP test. Got a 4/9, then a 1/9, then a 2/9 on the FALANT. Now, the thing is that I could tell the lights apart pretty well, but I was definitely stressing out about the speed we went through the test.

My OSO has said I can still apply under a ground contract now, and wants me to take the ASTB. He says that if I can pass the FALANT at a later date, I can transfer to an air contract. Can anyone shed the light on the reality of this situation, or have any similar personal experience?