• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Looking for a female perspective on OCS

eka668107

Any recommendations on what gel or non aerosol hairspray to get if you have curly hair that gets frizzy during PT? I ship for OCS in July and the humidity makes my hair look a little crazy.

GlassBanger

IntelO
Contributor
Any recommendations on what gel or non aerosol hairspray to get if you have curly hair that gets frizzy during PT? I ship for OCS in July and the humidity makes my hair look a little crazy.

This will be the only hair gel you will EVER need. The other brands are trash and never helped me with my flyaways. I never got a single hit or sideways comment on my hair the entire time I was at OCS. This stuff lasts through sweat, sand, and dirt. I didn't even need hairspray. It even lasted after a dunk in the pool, for a fun fact.

HeartofTexas

Contributor
Just wanted to share this here in case there was anyone looking for another way to style their hair in a bun. This method has worked the best for me having that "barely" can fit into a bun after growing out the short haircut (I use a shorter sock bun than the girl does). Plus it looks ideal for long hair, layered hair, etc...

Also, if you have the ponytail somewhat loose (I have thick hair and only loop it twice), when you roll the sock down for your bun, you can secure it with as many bands, pins as you like and reduce the headaches to few and none. Plus, it holds well after a 12+ hour shift. Just my biased experience with it but definitely wish I had known about it 5 years ago when I was first growing out my bootcamp cut.

xjoellemae

ENS - SWO
Quick question. Are sports bras required to be a certain color? I'm seeing older threads about all white, just curious if that's changed.

acd3davis

No. Just not easily seen through the thin yellow PT shirts.
Quick question. Are sports bras required to be a certain color? I'm seeing older threads about all white, just curious if that's changed.
Nor will anyone ever know what underwear you're wearing, I would just make sure to have plenty of skin tone pairs for service khakis and dress whites. Seamless is ideal. And I'd recommend black compression shorts for under NWUs.

Mouselovr

Contributor
Potentially a silly repeat question, but do I have to have my hair in a bun for OCS? Can it be in a short ponytail as long as it's not lower than my shoulders?

astrokristin

Looking for some female advice here. I am about to finish university and taking my ASTB-E before OCS. I'm looking for someone to give me a bit of information on the timeline for OCS then flight school, then what comes after. I am engaged and going to be married before I join too, so I'd love for someone to give me some advice on what my husband could expect in context of when I'll be around and where we'll be. I've been in contact with recruiters and such, but hearing it from a female in the position would help a ton! Thanks in advance

KESSC1

Quick question regarding High Impact Sports bras. Any recent graduates have any brand that worked better than another? I am hoping to get a call for a November OCS class date and the Victoria's Secret Knockout sports bra is the only recommendation I found from 2017. I wanted to see if anyone had a more recent recommendation.

Ashley Wick

Potentially a silly repeat question, but do I have to have my hair in a bun for OCS? Can it be in a short ponytail as long as it's not lower than my shoulders?
I know this is a few months late, but yes your hair WILL have to be in a bun for OCS until the last 3-4 weeks of training. Until that time your hair must always be in a bun, including for PT.