• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

LIVING IN PENSACOLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

investmurr

Any thoughts about how to go about furnishing an apartmet in Pensacola during API? Should I Move things 1000 miles only to turn around and have to move again to primary. Has anyone rented things in Pensacol for the short API period. Where to rent from? Any experiences.? Thanks

tali264

I assume you're SNA so therefore the Navy won't pay to move your stuff for API. I'm guessing that a lot of people stay in the BOQ for that time since it's so short.

s_aslam

From what I'm to understand, the Navy will not only, NOT pay for your move to P'cola prior to getting PCS after API is completed,, but they won't move furniture and such to your PCS is, because it's not where your Home of Record is...

I'm moving after my fiancé graduates from class 18-03 and we're married to be with him. I'm packing up our house and only bringing a small amount of items. I'm not sure where we're going to live yet, but hopefully in base, since it's only going to be for a short time. Please let me know what other info you get regarding all this.

Stephanie

GO NAVY!

Kim

If you are a SNA planning on going to corpus for primary you will probably get per diem for the time you are in API once you get to Corpus. I stayed in a condo on the beach, expensive but worth it, although it might be too much in the summer. If you search around you can sometimes find furnished apartments, or if there is room stay in the BOQ. You get 600 lbs, I think, to move after API to primary in corpus, not sure about milton. At one point you will get a home of record move of 10000 lbs (single O1 no dependents) to your permanent duty station, I would do this once you are at primary. I hope this helps.

Toddkeith

I'm on my way to Pensacola and am considering staying in the BOQ. Does anyonw know: what they are like? are they full? what the difference between trasient and permanant is? OR know where I could find pictures of what the inside of the BOQ rooms look like?

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Hey all,
I was told by a friend that SNA's get priority to stay in the BOQ's at Pensacola during API to make up for the moving situation. I'm not sure what life is like for the married folks.
Also, I was told by a non-aviation Ensign that some aviation people share rent for houses/apts off base even though it's for only a short time. Make sure to get a military clause in your lease (apparently this happens a lot around Pcola). Doing this allows you to save some of your BAH dollars.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
The Military Clause allows you to void your lease (usually one year) if you get orders to move away. This in turn allows you to get your deposit back.

DevilDucksGirl

SNA Wife- Advanced Helos
My OC is in class 18-03 and they are being told that the BOQ is FULL! They are also being told that they would have to live out in town. We're getting married in July and just so we can live together and not live 1000 miles apart, we're moving me down at the end of May/beginning of June after he graduates OCS. I know that some do share rent at various places, but you can find apartments that do have furnished studios or one bedrooms. We know that this move is going to come out of pocket, but to us it is worth it. I had forgotten that his home of record would change, so we may leave some non-essentials here in Ohio, and when he gets a PCS move, then move the rest. This will save money on moving to Pensacola. But, to all that are about to go through this, I would recommend searching for an apartment, because the BOQ is full- at least that is what they've been told!

Supporting my Ducky in the Navy

megan620

EA-6B ECMO/IA Wife
My boyfriend, SNFO designation, was in OCS class 15-03 and he and another of his OCS classmates (who is SNA) are sharing a 2 bedroom apartment that is just out the back gate of base, but they are very nice apartments. (Having a roommate does allow them both to save some of that BAH money!) There is a military clause, and most of the apartment complex is military people. He said when they were searching for apartments during their Candi-O phase of OCS, most of the Pcola apartment complexes have the military clause, which is helpful because you never know how long that wait to class up for API will be. Good luck apartment hunting.

Brodie143

The BOQ is always full. If you arrive and there isn't a room available they will put you up in a hotel for 10 days at per diem rates and then see if a room opens up. If you are going to Whiting then move out into an apartment so you can BAH. Get a couple of roommates who are also going to Whiting and split the costs. As for furniture you can rent but it is expensive. You can also buy pretty cheap and that is probably a better idea in the long run. Again roommates help out a lot. People are always looking for roommates.

Status
Not open for further replies.