• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Letter of Recommendation

gabriel21e

how many letter of recommendation should i have?
i have
2 from old employer
3 from College professors
1 from a USAF base commander

enough????:confused::confused:

GreenLantern330

I think you're fine with that. It's better to have less LORs that have a lot of great content than a lot of LORs that are very generic. Quality not quantity. At least that's the impression my OR left me.

ryan1234

I just wrote one for myself... used strong, colorful words describing myself as a juggernaut and a shooting star.

Worked like a charm.

JMonte85

Pro-rec SNA
The base commander one kind of stands out but not necessarily in a good way. First, because it is the only military LOR per say, who is the Base Commander to you? Does he have anything to do with your career field? Are you prior enlisted? If you're prior why not get more from military members. Is he a family friend (because that will make it less valuable imo).. How well does he know you?

Def keep it though, because it will pull some weight, but all I am saying is don't use an LOR from a C/O from the USAF to the Navy and expect it to make a big difference if he's family/family friend or what not. So I'd get at least one more solid one.

I got one from my congressman, and frankly I think the one from my Chief in the USAF holds more weight..

If you're prior enlisted and he is your base commander then golden.. Just get another from your supervisor or squadron C/O and I'd call it good. On the other hand, I had gotten an interview with a Naval base commander and he is a Naval Aviator as well... See where I'm going with this?

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
I just wrote one for myself... used strong, colorful words describing myself as a juggernaut and a shooting star.

Worked like a charm.

If you didn't include anything about having the resolve of an aircraft carrier, you're pretty much sunk.