• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Let's see your guns!

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Glock gives a big discount to active duty military, go to your local gunshop that sells LEO firearms and they will give it to you.

I own a glock 17. Took awhile to get over the external safety hangup, but I like that pistol a lot now. Obviously the 17 is fullsize, so not a great conceal carry pistol.

glock_17-a2de58.jpg

It is cheap w/ that discount (Bought mine for $375 w/ Tritium night sights, and 3 17-round capacity magazines), tough, and accurate. As far as tools go, it meets all my needs until I get my CCW.

Think my next guns will be a Ruger .300 for hunting (black bear and elk), and a 3.5" 1911 (The officers model).

k5.jpg

sarnav

MIL/LEO Shop

Jay's gun has the discount. IMHO they are somewhat d!cks though. A quick search oh here though will show you that a few AW members were less than impressed with them. I think most people say that you are better off going online to purchase. Hope it helps.

SN

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jay's gun has the discount. IMHO they are somewhat d!cks though. A quick search oh here though will show you that a few AW members were less than impressed with them. I think most people say that you are better off going online to purchase. Hope it helps.

SN

I was less than impressed with the customer service at their sister shop Mike's in Pensacola. I bought a shotgun and a Glock there cause I had a good deal, but their customer relations blow.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I'll second that the guys at Jay's were dicks. Except for Jay, himself, who overheard the sh!tty customer service and came out to make ammends. While I respect that, it wasn't enough to counterract the combination of poor service and somewhat higher prices.

Now, to shift gears a bit, who knows anything (good or bad) about Kahr pistols?

(edit: I'd included a link, but apparently the guy's closed up shop. Couldn't make enough money selling firearms at cost I guess.)

Lawman

None

Now, to shift gears a bit, who knows anything (good or bad) about Kahr pistols?

Built like Swiss watches with tank parts. They pretty much went into the market with the intention of being a quality pocket/carry pistol designer. Only thing is they are relatively uncomfortable to shoot in some of their caliber. Also your dealing with a pretty heavy trigger pull which makes them difficult to fire at range accurately. Then again its pretty much expected that if you buy a Kahr your not using it as a range plinker.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
As far as online goes, where can I use the Glock discount online?

I couldn't comment on Jay's customer service since I haven't bought anything there, but I agree that they are way over priced. I think paying $590 for a new Glock 19 (no night sights or anything) is BS. I can go to Academy Sports right down the street and get one for $500 easily. How much did Jays/Mikes knock the price down for LEO/Military?

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I'm definitely not looking for another plinker in the Kahr. I'm after a reliable, light weight, easily concealed semi-auto. The pistol in question is their CW9, and while the trigger is a bit stiff, it doesn't seem too difficult to manage. The older gentleman who runs the shop and range seemed surprised that I'd be interested in it, actually. It seems that most Marines in the area go in looking for the biggest caliber they can find. Go figure.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I couldn't comment on Jay's customer service since I haven't bought anything there, but I agree that they are way over priced. I think paying $590 for a new Glock 19 (no night sights or anything) is BS. I can go to Academy Sports right down the street and get one for $500 easily. How much did Jays/Mikes knock the price down for LEO/Military

I got my Glock 19 at Jay's at LEO prices and paid right around 400$. I know many have said that they had bad experiences down there but I never had a problem with them. Granted, I knew what I was after and didn't need alot of help but...also couldn't beat the price I paid.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I got my Glock 19 at Jay's at LEO prices and paid right around 400$. I know many have said that they had bad experiences down there but I never had a problem with them. Granted, I knew what I was after and didn't need alot of help but...also couldn't beat the price I paid.

I've never been to this place, but there does seem to be quite a bit of "holier than thou" attitude in many gun shops. People shouldn't stand for it.

Brett

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
I've never been to this place, but there does seem to be quite a bit of "holier than thou" attitude in many gun shops. People shouldn't stand for it.

Totally agree...just never experienced it myself. Can only report what I had happen.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Brett

The internet is destroying them, thank god. Normally I wouldn't rally against something related to firearms, but the "holier than though" gun shops are a disgrace and internet commerce is hitting them hard.

That being said, there is a gun store in MA that I still give recommendations to. They are SOLID, best customer service of any store I've been to, gunshop or not.