• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lets be honest now.....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
bunk22 said:
Sometimes success is doing what you have to, not what you want to......
BINGO !!! And there you go ... perfect. Just do "it" to the best of your ability ... and do "it" well --- and you will have no regrets in your later life/golden years.

Well said, bunk ...

This obviously is ways off for me. But personally I think everything the Marine Corps/Navy flies is awesome. Except the -53 (no offense intended, just a personal thing) I mean, look at the line up for future Marine pilots, possibly the F-35, AV-8, F-18, EA-6B, KC-130, AH-1Z, UH-Y, MV-22, MH-53K
----> that doesn't look like you can make a "bad" choice. I give anything to fly any of these....even if I got "stuck" with the -53. Just becoming a Marine first, and earning the wings afterward is good enough for me.

flysupertomcat

Jim told me I can buy Gaydar online
Lawman said:
Ok something a bit more specific, a platform where I have a button that rains down fire, death, and destruction. No offense to the Helo guys but I really dont like the idea of sitting up in the front of the aircraft hopping that guy on the .50 in the back gets the SOB shooting at me. Id much rather put my nose/pipper/turret/Death Star Superlaser on the guy and send him to whatever god of his choosing. And no Im not about to go all WWI and start shooting at somebody with a handgun from the cockpit/cabin door.

I'm a Jets guy myself, but here's a little support for the Navy Helo guys. I'm guessing Hellfires aren't bad for raining down hell and fire?

http://www.navy.mil/view_single.asp?id=9498

http://www.navy.mil/view_single.asp?id=1015

http://www.navy.mil/view_single.asp?id=2003

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Jumpin' on the bandwagon

bunk22 said:
Sometimes success is doing what you have to, not what you want to.
For those of you just starting.... this quote from bunk sums it up excellently, and is definitely something that I have seen subordinates and peers fail to grasp.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Great advice

Originally Posted by bunk22
Sometimes success is doing what you have to, not what you want to.

webmaster said:
For those of you just starting.... this quote from bunk sums it up excellently, and is definitely something that I have seen subordinates and peers fail to grasp.

Definitely something to put in your little book of great advice to live by...superiors tend to judge (and reward) you more by how you do on the former rather then the later. And if that doesn't matter to you, then consider the fact that you will likely grow more in the former case.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Something borrowed?

skidkid said:
yours are gray?
borrow the wing from the Army I take it

Must be borrowed as it's still OD...they must want it back in same shape and color!:icon_smil

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Yeah, that picture is from Pax River, if I recall correctly (see the 38s in the background?) from when they were doing testing on it. The wing/harness comes from the Army variant, but would be painted gray when it gets to the fleet.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So there you are, a hard charging Marine SGT...getting your degree at night...get commissioned into Navy and get A-6 Intruders. Community goes away, but you end up in Tomcats for Dept Head tour and screen for command. You take the last Tomcat squadron on cruise and get your 1,000th trap...life is good if your name is "Twig". Below is Twig's last flight with VF-31 last Thursday before Change of Command on Friday.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
heyjoe said:
So there you are, a hard charging Marine SGT...getting your degree at night...get commissioned into Navy and get A-6 Intruders. Community goes away, but you end up in Tomcats for Dept Head tour and screen for command. You take the last Tomcat squadron on cruise and get your 1,000th trap...life is good if your name is "Twig". Below is Twig's last flight with VF-31 last Thursday before Change of Command on Friday.

I remember watching that guy on the Carrier: Fortress at sea or something show about the Vinson cruise in '94.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
BigIron said:
I remember watching that guy on the Carrier: Fortress at sea or something show about the Vinson cruise in '94.

Yep. That's him and they showed his A-6 ejection.