• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Let the waiting begin...

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I totally forgot to post this the other day...

Just to let some people who didn't know know...the Navy has finally realized that Training money is money that can be used else where. We had an AOM on Friday that the CO explained that there is going to be a hold up in the pipeline...even so much as some people that complete training in July will be waiting until October (FY07) to PCS to their respective RAGs and move on in their careers. Currently South Park is 4 weeks ahead of production and budgets have been cut severely.

Exception will be to the Coasties and International studs...different pot of money.

Marines have filled ALL of their quotas for FY06.

VT studs should stand by to stand by too...either that or get ready to get something other than helos (good news for some?)

HT studs should look into what they'd like to do to "pad" their Pensacola experience (it'll look at lot better to the front office if you take this time to attend schools, volunteer, etc.)

Lookin' to spread the good word,
~D

NavyLonghorn

I have an E2/C2 bud that finished intermediate in march, and isnt starting advanced until Oct. 31st.

My buds that got here in JAX last week arent starting until the end of August, and the P-3 draft seems pretty much over.

I cant think the Jet pipeline is wide open. Sooooo.. where are people going to go?

pdx

HSM Pilot
I had two roommates that winged about 3 months ago. When they were training, the HTs flew 6 days a week because they were "way behind" on production.

I think 90% of the problems in training flow are pilot induced oscillations.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
pdx said:
I had two roommates that winged about 3 months ago. When they were training, the HTs flew 6 days a week because they were "way behind" on production.

I think 90% of the problems in training flow are pilot induced oscillations.

Nah, CNATRA is an NFO. (not that he's the problem)

~D

edit: for politix

Pags

N/A
pilot
ChunksJR said:
I totally forgot to post this the other day...

Just to let some people who didn't know know...the Navy has finally realized that Training money is money that can be used else where. We had an AOM on Friday that the CO explained that there is going to be a hold up in the pipeline...even so much as some people that complete training in July will be waiting until October (FY07) to PCS to their respective RAGs and move on in their careers. Currently South Park is 4 weeks ahead of production and budgets have been cut severely.

Exception will be to the Coasties and International studs...different pot of money.

Marines have filled ALL of their quotas for FY06.

VT studs should stand by to stand by too...either that or get ready to get something other than helos (good news for some?)

HT studs should look into what they'd like to do to "pad" their Pensacola experience (it'll look at lot better to the front office if you take this time to attend schools, volunteer, etc.)

Lookin' to spread the good word,
~D

funny...i remember a few months ago that the HTs were getting ready to ramp up production something like 10-15% for the next year. I guess there's a change of plans.

at least you won't have to fly soul crushing triples down there in the sultry heat.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
^I think you meant "Soul Crushing Triples", Señor. They definitely deserve proper noun status.

Towards the begining of the year, they were all about increasing short term production in anticipation of hurricane season WX (and freak, Wrath of God hailstorms). Looks like they met that goal just a wee bit early.

FlyingBeagle

pilot
I've heard rumors about this affecting the VT selectors, but I noticed there were quite a few helo slots given out last week. Does anyone know if there's been any decision to close or tighten the pipeline, or are they just planning on stocking up up the pool? Any good info to inform or confuse a soon to be selecting ENS?

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
FlyingBeagle said:
I've heard rumors about this affecting the VT selectors, but I noticed there were quite a few helo slots given out last week. Does anyone know if there's been any decision to close or tighten the pipeline, or are they just planning on stocking up up the pool? Any good info to inform or confuse a soon to be selecting ENS?

Exact same question that I asked the CO at the AOM...Rep pts for thinking like me...you are well on your way to an MP.

He said it's going to be worse at the VTs. To the point that they are worried about said pool but even more worried about flying a stud no more than once or twice a week. You know how steep the curve can be when you fly a bunch...and conversely, how rough it can be when you DON'T fly a bunch. It's going to be a delicate balancing act for the wing...not one that I envy...but decisions like those happen with people wearing CNT khakis, not flight suits.

Clear as mud?

Circle K

pilot
Thank the gods that I got done just in time, t-minus one and a half weeks to wings. Some of the guys in my class are already done as well, and waiting till July 28th just to wing, not to mention the current post winging wait.

Rumors set that at 4-6 weeks for East Coast 8-10 for West (Navy side)

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Wow, and all I'm hearing out here in CC is speed, speed, speed. They're gonna rush us through primary to wait 6-9 months for advanced? Sounds like the Navy we all know and love...

Prashant Patel

Wow, and all I'm hearing out here in CC is speed, speed, speed. They're gonna rush us through primary to wait 6-9 months for advanced? Sounds like the Navy we all know and love...

They rush you through in CC during the summer months because that's when the weather is usually the best for contacts, BI's, forms, and PA's. It turns to crap in the winter (although last winter wasn't that bad).

pdx

HSM Pilot
They rush you through in CC during the summer months because that's when the weather is usually the best for contacts, BI's, forms, and PA's. It turns to crap in the winter (although last winter wasn't that bad).

Opposite usually. Weather in the winter is great, weather in the summer is violent (read, thunderstorms 5 days a week).

pdx

HSM Pilot
funny...i remember a few months ago that the HTs were getting ready to ramp up production something like 10-15% for the next year. I guess there's a change of plans.

at least you won't have to fly soul crushing triples down there in the sultry heat.

Plan is still to ramp up production over the next 3 years, but money is running out for this fiscal year. Once October rolls around, we are under the gun again. Also, pushing hard through the winter months is actually the plan now. That way if hurricanes come, it doesn't destroy the schedule.