• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Length of Primary/Intermediate in CC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFOwife

Aviator Spouse
How long is primary, and also how long is intermediate? We are checking in to CC in late January to start primary sometime after that. Trying to figure out how long we'll be in CC, if we end up staying (we hope) for intermediate, but not advanced. My husband will be doing the accelerated program for primary, if that is helpful info. Thanks!

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
the generic answer that they gave my class when we first got here in Jun was 6-9 mos. That is for primary, intermediate is a thing of the past.
In reality though, there is no real way to judge how long it will take. I flew through the first 50% of the program and then sat for 6 weeks before I flew again, due to a back log. It is not uncommon.
As far as accelerated... all of the guys in my class who were accellerated, are still on the same training block as I am. I don't know if that is normal or not, but it by no means made it so they will get out of here any earlier. I am sure someone who had been accelerated and finished early will comment on that.

Good luck

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
I checked in here the first week in October and my estimated graduation date is early to mid May. There is no absolute length it lasts, it depends on how well you and your class do and how backed up they are. As was said before, there is no more intermediate, primary and intermediate have been combined into one program. People are waiting awhile for PA's and Forms right now so it might be longer unless they get more instructors qualified in those areas.

vballindaytona

pat,

now they are accelerating people cause i just got put in the program last week. but it does vary from onwing to onwing, and the performance of the student like all the other vt's.

later
jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies.