• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lemoore a gem :/

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
We have several VFA folks here already - mostly RAG instructors, but I have a VFA DH slated to my squadron. Keep trying!

yeah I know at least one VFA JO who went up there (to -129). Don't know if it has been a steady flow over the years, but I know in the early years of the G, there were also quite a few.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I haven't done a head count, but there are at least 3-4 LTs at 129 that I know of.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
It's still doable. A couple dudes from CAG5 just picked up 129 as VFA guys recently.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
4 VFA guys were selected for VAQ DH this year to fill open spots in that community. It sounds like it'll be a regular thing for the near future, based on the Pers 43 brief at Hook this year.

How is it that the Marines, helos, VAQ, VAW, and P3 bubbas get all the best spots? About the only community that's on the same playing field is the TACAMO (E-6) guys with that garden spot in Enid, OK...

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
4 VFA guys were selected for VAQ DH this year to fill open spots in that community. It sounds like it'll be a regular thing for the near future, based on the Pers 43 brief at Hook this year.

How is it that the Marines, helos, VAQ, VAW, and P3 bubbas get all the best spots? About the only community that's on the same playing field is the TACAMO (E-6) guys with that garden spot in Enid, OK...

Ummm, we're not so loud?

With that said, we've adjusted course rules twice since I've been in Coronado for the past 3.5 years due to too many noise complaints. They are even starting up on our TERF routes in East County now...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
To be fair, one of those course rules changes was because someone (and no one really seems to know who) completely ignored input from the combined helo working group and just came up with their own.

"Hey, lets make the entry and exit points at the exact same spot and separate them by only 200'. Oh, and when the whether comes down to below 1000' and viz starts to become a problem, we'll make the entry and exit point the exact same point and then make the altitudes the SAME."

Brilliant. ORM complete.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
To be fair, one of those course rules changes was because someone (and no one really seems to know who) completely ignored input from the combined helo working group and just came up with their own.

"Hey, lets make the entry and exit points at the exact same spot and separate them by only 200'. Oh, and when the whether comes down to below 1000' and viz starts to become a problem, we'll make the entry and exit point the exact same point and then make the altitudes the SAME."

Brilliant. ORM complete.

Hahah that's funny; I have no ideas what the reasons were behind it other than being told due to noise complaints. With that said, the channel is now only separated by 100' for incoming / outgoing traffic... go figure:rolleyes:

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Hahah that's funny; I have no ideas what the reasons were behind it other than being told due to noise complaints. With that said, the channel is now only separated by 100' for incoming / outgoing traffic... go figure:rolleyes:

I can live with the 100' separation, especially as long as some yahoo doesn't cut the corner around Point Loma (and contrary to what each community says, I'd argue both communities are equal offenders). The Bay has been like that since I was a CAT 1 years ago, as well. It was just asinine to make the entry and exit point the same point in space. Hopefully that's still not a thing.

robav8r

None
Contributor
It was just asinine to make the entry and exit point the same point in space. Hopefully that's still not a thing.
VP-50 lost a couple of A/C and crews because of the same thing. Oparea ingress/egress point were the same. Doesn't make for effective turnover and swap. . . .

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
VP-50 lost a couple of A/C and crews because of the same thing. Oparea ingress/egress point were the same. Doesn't make for effective turnover and swap. . . .

My first squadron had a guy who was suppose to be flying in one of those birds, he never flew if he didn't have to after that.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
I met a VP-50 alum up in Boston last week, pretty interesting to actually meet someone who was there in the squadron when it happened. Bad times all around.

rotorhead1871

UH-1N.....NAS Agana, Guam....circa 1975
pilot
Came across this article. There is no way to make Lemoore desirable. Worst part about selecting jets if you want to stay on the west coast.

http://www.navytimes.com/story/mili...re-strike-fighter-hub-image-problem/70934680/

I was at lemoore from 72-75. did lots of camping and rock climbing at Kings and Yosemite. just head up the 5 to gilroy and into the bay area too. the local area is pretty sleepy though. valley fog sucks and you learn what WOXOF is pretty fast.

all retired now.. in scottsdale...