• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Left seat or right, big deck or small boy, FLIR up..or down?

phrogpilot73

... More words ...
I meant that in the CH-46E, the pilot seat is on the right side - copilot seat is left side. Same as a conventional T/R helicopter. That's why we brought it up - because it debunks your theory.

Even further debunking your theory is the fact that the CH-46E blades overlap by quite a bit. If the sync shaft fails, the forward head slows and strikes the blades from the aft head. Blades break off, and we take on the gliding characteristics of a finely tuned soda machine. It happens quickly enough that there is NO emergency procedure in NATOPS. If there was an EP for that, then I suspect it would be something like "make peace with your maker."

shaw5fe

I meant that in the CH-46E, the pilot seat is on the right side - copilot seat is left side. Same as a conventional T/R helicopter. That's why we brought it up - because it debunks your theory.

Even further debunking your theory is the fact that the CH-46E blades overlap by quite a bit. If the sync shaft fails, the forward head slows and strikes the blades from the aft head. Blades break off, and we take on the gliding characteristics of a finely tuned soda machine. It happens quickly enough that there is NO emergency procedure in NATOPS. If there was an EP for that, then I suspect it would be something like "make peace with your maker."

Sounds good! it's over.

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If I was correct in my interpretation then my theory has been proven correct again.

PO1, I really don't think you're getting the point. You're not gaining anything by trying to impress people here. Heck, there's a CWO2 in my primary class right now, but even he doesn't try to tell the instructors that he knows their platforms better than they do. Listen to those that have BTDT, until you get to that point. Just my .02

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
So I post AM1 Shaw's picture (from his profile) and the mods...correction... a mod removed it from post #97. For everyone's edification...why? He posted his own pic, signed his own name and proceeded to have diarrhea of the mouth...even after being warned. Skid removed it, but at least 4 other mods chose not to and some even commented on the picture being posted. I guess you should remove his name from his first post and Pickle's quote of the post, etc. No one here pushed him onto his own sword. Besides, how many prior enlisted Shaw's will start OCS on 10 May?

AM1 (AW) Shaw... I hope you have learned something in your short time aboard. Discard the pissed off, "fvck those dudes" feelings and embrace the embarassed, "oh sh$t" feelings instead. Swallow your pride, lose the ego, listen more and talk less. One day you will understand.

exhelodrvr

pilot
^^I don't think that the best approach is to try and make OCS harder for him - the Navy thinks enough of him to accept him for a commissioning program. If he learned his lesson, great. If not, he will very soon.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
^^I don't think that the best approach is to try and make OCS harder for him - the Navy thinks enough of him to accept him for a commissioning program. If he learned his lesson, great. If not, he will very soon.

Tell that to Joboy Circa June 2007.

shaw5fe

So I post AM1 Shaw's picture (from his profile) and the mods...correction... a mod removed it from post #97. For everyone's edification...why? He posted his own pic, signed his own name and proceeded to have diarrhea of the mouth...even after being warned. Skid removed it, but at least 4 other mods chose not to and some even commented on the picture being posted. I guess you should remove his name from his first post and Pickle's quote of the post, etc. No one here pushed him onto his own sword. Besides, how many prior enlisted Shaw's will start OCS on 10 May.

AM1 (AW) Shaw... I hope you have learned something in your short time aboard. Discard the pissed off, "fvck those dudes" feelings and embrace the embarassed, "oh sh$t" feelings instead. Swallow your pride, lose the ego, listen more and talk less. One day you will understand.

He removed it because in post 109 I asked you to. You chose not to, so he did, I thank him for that. Post 109 is now blank because after he removed it I removed the request.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot

I was merely turning up the heat to make my point. I don't have to make OCS any harder for him. He will take care of that himself.

He removed it because in post 109 I asked you to. You chose not to, so he did, I thank him for that. Post 109 is now blank because after he removed it I removed the request.

^^^See what I mean. Speaks when not spoken to and can't resist getting in that last word even when his words do nothing but state the obvious.

bert

Enjoying the real world
pilot
Contributor

The Canucks actually had an EP for that - you have to admire anybody that optimistic.

FWIW, there is a good lesson in all this for folks coming up on H2P/HAC boards (and their equivalents in other communities). Everybody likes to offer the advice to "stick to your guns", but that only helps if you are right....

phrogpilot73

The Canucks actually had an EP for that - you have to admire anybody that optimistic.
Interesting. I did not know that. I'm curious what the indications were/are, and if their system is different than ours. Other than significant vibration moments before you die, our Nr tach gen is on the aft transmission. So, how did they know the sync shaft failed and the forward head was slowing down?

I think if I KNEW that my sync shaft failed and could react quickly enough, pulling the engines back and autorotating would probably be close to their EP.

teabag53

pilot

I agree. Despite staying aboard a sinking ship this dude was originally just simply trying to make a point based on a question on the first page...why the seats are labeled such as they are. That then delved into a lecture on ORM (which I think was well intentioned but other wise ill-advised). I chaulk it up the 'the road to hell is paved with good intentions.'

In the future, my answer to the seat labelling will simply be, "Just because."