• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Leave after Primary?

NavyOCS

Whats the time frame right now from selection to starting up with advanced helos or multi-engine? Are there guys that selected recently or know of people who have selected recently that may know here? I would like to take at least 2 weeks of leave before starting advanced. And by the way I have no idea what I want...helos vs. hercs

Rg9

pilot
Selected multi-engine July 26. Took leave 28-2nd. Checked out of Whiting Aug 3 (no leave enroute allowed - you HAVE to go back to Whiting). Reported Corpus Aug 6. Starting Advanced Sep. 7. Currently on house hunting leave because I'm homeless, but could take more regular leave later if I wanted.

Helo guys seem to be getting a full weekend off before starting, at least if you do Primary at Whiting.

Hope this helps.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Helo guys seem to be getting a full weekend off before starting, at least if you do Primary at Whiting.

That depends week to week. I had two weeks off between primary and advanced helos. Some guys had to start a day pr two after check in.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Selected multi-engine July 26. Took leave 28-2nd. Checked out of Whiting Aug 3 (no leave enroute allowed - you HAVE to go back to Whiting). Reported Corpus Aug 6. Starting Advanced Sep. 7. Currently on house hunting leave because I'm homeless, but could take more regular leave later if I wanted.

Hope this helps.

From what I understand, Advanced Helo is still behind from last summer...not meeting numbers going out to the FRS's

NavyOCS

Are you still pre-TBS as your pseudo-avatar suggests? If so, why are you even asking this?

no, I am actually selecting next week out of Corpus. Just havnt changed the avatar out of laziness I guess. I have one night nav left, which I have not been scheduled for all week. Apparantly Marines met the fiscal year numbers, so I am not a priority right this second. I wouldnt imagine that they would not let me select next week though.:confused:

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
In that case, the average wait I'm hearing these days is 2-4 weeks from Chucks to Chucks (or khakis to khakis). Leave is possible if you're tactful about it.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Whats the time frame right now from selection to starting up with advanced helos or multi-engine? Are there guys that selected recently or know of people who have selected recently that may know here? I would like to take at least 2 weeks of leave before starting advanced. And by the way I have no idea what I want...helos vs. hercs

I would imagine that if you are going helos, the wing will want you up here ASAP. I selected Thursday the 9th, and am classing up with HT-8 on the 16th. Granted I was already at Whiting for Primary, but they are hurting for Navy guys and I'd assume youd have to get up here pretty quickly.

EDIT: for Marines, it really will depend week to week. Sometimes they start fairly quickly, other times it can be 2 months. I checked in with a bud yesterday (he's a Marine) and was told that he could potentially wait 2 months.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
From what I understand, Advanced Helo is still behind from last summer...not meeting numbers going out to the FRS's

Depends on the squadron. HT-8 is behind and has a wait for onwings. HT-28 has very little wait. All of the studs are still in Cat 1. This week we should start to see some guys get in the Charlie.

Another factor is why you want leave. Getting married, going to parents 25th wedding anniversary, I missed my dog, etc. All make a difference. I will tell you that 2 weeks is quite a lot while you are still in the training command.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Gonna resurrect this thread for a question along the same lines as the OP.

I'm selecting in another month or so, and was just curious what the wait time between primary and advanced (specifically E-6's and helos) is.

Thanks.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
I'm Navy. I selected Rotary on 10 July and was given a 24 September class-up date. As of this week it's still 24 September, although I've been warned that it might move in to October. Easy to take leave, etc, once you're checked in w/ the Wing. They're also approving OHARP requests right now. PM me for details.

Boom2

pilot
selected helo's today, was told start date of sept 10, another marine stud was told sept 17, navy guy told sometime in oct

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
The HT's got a little backed up due to HT-28 not taking any new studs for a few classes. Every class that 28 didn't take caused every-ones start date to slide right. Now 28 is back to taking classes in the normal rotation.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I checked into trawing 5 for helos in June. I took a month of leave. Yes, 30 days.

Any questions?

Oh, and I haven't started yet.

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
I checked into trawing 5 for helos in June. I took a month of leave. Yes, 30 days.

Any questions?

Oh, and I haven't started yet.

That was right when 28 stopped taking classes. Another factor is how much leave on the books. I know the use or lose it amount is changing but before it came out my neighbor had use or lose and they let him take about 45 days of leave.

BTW where in the pines do you live?