• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Law Enforcement Trade-Ins

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
But the dealer says that the firearm can be returned as long as it hasn't been officially transferred into my name.

Im not sure what he means by this. If he is an FFL, which from the sound of it he must be or he is in serious violation of the law, as soon as he sells the gun to you it has been legally transferred into your name. The only thing I can thing of is that you might be able to return it if it is before he files some sort of paperwork, though acording to federal law we dont have national gun registration, and records are supposed to be maintained by the FFL.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My info came from talking to a police officer in my family. Then again, he's a former Marine, so he has a pretty high standard for firearm maintenance.

His main argument against me getting a LE trade in gun for a CCW piece was that most cops- contrary to what many may think- aren't big gun nuts. They don't necessarily treat their guns like kids, as some of us do ;)

Again, I'm sure it's a YMMV thing, he was just speaking from experience in his own department.

Basing your decision on the opinion of one guy probably isn't the best idea.

Brett

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
You may want to consider new... if you purchase by the end of the year, Sig has a $100 mail-in rebate for cops and military.

I found a P226, .40, SigLite Night sights and two 12rd mags for $805 from www.topgunsupply.com - their service was quick and top notch. After the rebate, I got a brand new Sig Sauer for $705.

Maybe a bit on the high side if you were intending to go used, but I thought it was pretty good deal.

navy09

None
Basing your decision on the opinion of one guy probably isn't the best idea.

Brett

Really??? :eek:

Being my first gun, I did a fair amount of research. If you go to most gun forums you can run a search on the subject and get the same advice.

The gun store guys will tell you they're fine, but then again, they're just pushing their product.

jdbryan

I bought a sig 229 9mm which was an old Fed gun. I shot the crap out of that thing and it never failed. A little bluing was rubbed off, but it was top notch internally. Added some tritium night sights, hogue grips and it was perfect.
I was a cop for four years, although this was not my sidearm on the job (had to wear what they issued me) it was definately my gun of choice off duty.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Really??? :eek:

Being my first gun, I did a fair amount of research. If you go to most gun forums you can run a search on the subject and get the same advice.

The gun store guys will tell you they're fine, but then again, they're just pushing their product.

I'm talking about your "family friend."

Brett