• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

law:dismissed charges

boosteds13

I had a run-in with the law about two years ago and got arrested for reckless driving and evade and arrest on my motorcycle. I hired an attorney and the reckless driving charge got dismissed however, I was placed on pre-trial diversion for evade and arrest charge. Greatly, I successfully completed the program and got the case dismissed. In short, I was never convicted guilty. Am I automatically disqualified for BDCP?

thanks

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
I would take this to an officer recruiter. But probably not disqualified, no.

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
If you weren't convicted, I wouldn't bring it up. But that's me. My morals are questionable at times.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
If you weren't convicted, I wouldn't bring it up. But that's me. My morals are questionable at times.

wrong answer.

Very wrong answer.

Bring it up to your OR, he/she'll decided if it should go on paper or not.

It'll be worse for you later if you decide not to disclose it and they find it anyways. It also might help to get a copy of your own criminal record, see what's really on it, though only use this as a guideline because chances are it could be different than the one the military will be getting during your background check.

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor
wrong answer.

Very wrong answer.

Bring it up to your OR, he/she'll decided if it should go on paper or not.

It'll be worse for you later if you decide not to disclose it and they find it anyways. It also might help to get a copy of your own criminal record, see what's really on it, though only use this as a guideline because chances are it could be different than the one the military will be getting during your background check.

agree. I would also get any paperwork you have regarding the dismissal together. I had a charge on my record expunged, and technically no criminal record, but in the words of my OR, "that don't mean shit to the Navy." When I submitted my package, I also had to submit my expungement papers. Just write a nice paragraph explaining how you acted in an immature fashion, learned from the incident, and subsequently changed your behavior.

Moc1Sig

pilot
Contributor
Now I have to change my avatar...

ha, I had to re-look at the name after I read, for I did think it was you by your avatar in my peripheral vision.

To the subject at hand, let them know whats up. Your OR will be on your side, and even if it is expunged there is still a paper trail somewhere. You should be fine with everything dropped; but if not, nothing time, smooth words and some extra references most likely can't smooth over. + what everyone else said.

g'luck