• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Latest wait time for AF types at VT-3

crateofthunder

I am about to finish up API and have heard horror stories about Air Force pilots waiting months until starting primary. Any body have more concrete info on this? Anyway they are going to start letting AF types through other training squadrons?

Thanks,

Crate

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
VT-3 didn't pick up any students during their recent pick-up week and they aren't expected to pick up any during the next slot either...

I have heard they are trying hard to fix it, hopefully they make some progress...

Schmuck

Horror stories????

How is a few months off with a phone in muster M-TH and a quick muster on Friday to find out you are not classing up terrible?

I would give my left foot to go back to those days.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
Horror stories????

How is a few months off with a phone in muster M-TH and a quick muster on Friday to find out you are not classing up terrible?

I would give my left foot to go back to those days.

Seriously. I can't seem to understand why people hate time off/paid vacation so much.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I'd definitely rather be flying... I'm just not complaining about a paid vacation.

flynsail

pilot
There's no nasty 12 hour bottle to brief rule you have to worry about.

That statement reminded me of a quote:

If drinking is interfering with your work, you have a drinking problem.
If work is interfering with your drinking, you are an alcoholic. :D

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You guys can't tell me you wouldn't rather be flying?? If so, you are in the wrong job!!

Umm . . . and judging by your quote you aren't even doing that job yet anyway. Trust me, though flying is great, there is such thing as "too much of a good thing" and the Navy/MC will put you there a few times before you get winged. You'll want the breaks.

highlyrandom

Naval Aviator
pilot
I was a complainer in my day as well (my day being last year)...

For those who can't understand it at all, 8 months is a beautiful opportunity for r&r/fitness/fun/travel, but one's enjoyment of it is sometimes tempered by:
-reeeally miserable stash jobs ("can I make a head call, Chief?" "No, you can't just leave an airman at the desk, you have to be there.")
-your school buddies getting winged while you're still waiting to start primary
-other 04 grads getting master's degrees, showing up, and getting an earlier slot than you
-and of course, people from API who greet you at your stash job thus:

"Hey, why are you still waiting here? I'm starting Advanced today, did you go med down or screw up or something?"

"I got here the same month as you, for some reason i'm not 'priority'"

"Wow, man, that sucks. Well, off to Kingsville for me."

Yes, it's minor compared to any other physical or mental trauma. But if other people are flying around above you, you lose sight of the big picture and do that whole "grass is greener" thing.

130Gunner

Crate, keep us posted. AF type here as well, getting ready to sign in at NASP and hopefully start API soon. Unfortunately, I ran into a MC pilot trainee a couple of weeks ago that shared the same news about us having a long wait to start primary.