• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Latest OCS board info

lyricsavvy

SWO, ENG-R- KILL!
When I first asked about this, my OR said that once you are pro rec'd you have 30 days to accept. I'm on the Jan SWO boards but not sure about INTEL. So if it I get pro rec'd SWO, it comes down to it and I have heard nothing from INTEL, I am taking SWO. There is no chance that I'm passing up one pro rec in hopes of another.
From what I have heard, if INTEL is your first choice, you will be able to wait until after INTEL boards before you make a decision. If INTEL was not your first choice, go with SWO...I have also heard that, depending on how well you do your first few years in your field, you can apply to switch careers...I'd say that's better than not going, period!
Good luck to you!

gatorchris08

Well maybe you guys can answer my question. My application was reviewed in February and Pro rec'd at that time, then because my application did not include my MEP's review I waited and did that on April 2nd. Since that point in time, I have not received my final select letter or anything for that matter from the Navy and it is the middle of June. This recruiter is in Jacksonville (I live in Gainesville) so I have never met him, but he assures me that he hopes to hear from Millington soon. I am very upset and my lease for my apartment expires in August, which it was planned that I was supposed to be in Newport by then. Someone I know who is in INTEL right now told me he believes the recruiter has met his quota for recruits for the fiscal year and is holding me back, I talked to a Naval medical recruiter in Gainesville (my old recruiter has since left the Navy at this point in time) and they told me that the reason my application is held back because of the failing ecomony and the large influx of recruits. I call the Jacksonville recruiter almost everyday and leave a voicemail hoping for an answer but I only get an assurance that he will hope to have a response soon. Any suggestions or ideas as to what I should do? I could have gotten a master's degree by now or at least possibly a good long term full time job for how long I've been waiting, but haven't because "I should be leaving soon."

sciguy

Pro-Rec Supply
Not that this answers your question, but I am in a similar situation. I was Pro-rec'd in February, did my PRT and completed MEPS towards the end of March and am still waiting for final select. You aren't the only one with this problem. My OR called Millington to see what the hangup was, I don't honestly know if that was particularly helpful. The last time I tried to check my status, the computer system was down. I am going to try again tomorrow. Could be wrong but I don't think my recruiter is working on a quota system, I would go with the bad economy and lots of recruits.

On the bright side, I have had enough time to improve my run and get in better physical shape. I felt like I should have done better on the PRT, so the wait isn't a complete waste. If I have not heard back by August, I am going to be really ticked. I have had enough of looking for and taking various temp jobs. Hopefully we will both hear back soon.:)

Aviator2B

Pro-Rec SNA, NFO, SWO!
I just left NRD Jax. FY09 is full. You most likely will not be going anywhere until FY10 starts, which is in Oct. Hang tight, it could even run as late as nov, dec, or next year. Hopefully for your situation it doesnt. I am up for board in July or Aug so I will not be going anywhere until next year most likely.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just left NRD Jax. FY09 is full. You most likely will not be going anywhere until FY10 starts, which is in Oct. Hang tight, it could even run as late as nov, dec, or next year. Hopefully for your situation it doesnt. I am up for board in July or Aug so I will not be going anywhere until next year most likely.
FY09 was full some time ago. But it doesn't matter. They will recruit to the "out year" even before the next year quotas are known. Oh, and the FY10 quotas are known. FY10 quotas are the guys that go to OCS in July 09 some time so as to get commissioned in FY10, ie OCT 09. So many of those guys already have orders. The whole quota thing should not be an issue anyway if you already have the pro rec. And if you have a pro rec the board isn't really a player either. From pro rec to final select is essentially a record review to insure you are medically qualified and can get a security clearance. It is very rare a guy that is pro rec does not get final select. If they are back logged with final selects now it is likely just an issue with processing documentation. Could be personnel on summer vacation, gapped billets (short of people) preparing for a big admin inspection, flood of apps with the graduation of colleges nationwide (same folks that review for final select have to sort through the initial apps and issue the pro select), or many other things.

One final thing. Recruiters do get a quota of selects they should get to do their share of the work. BUT, their job is not done when they get their numbers. They can recruit to the out year, see above, or over ship (cover someone else's quota that hasn't made goal). No recruiter should ever just check out because he got his goal. For that matter, I can't imagine it being allowed by the front office.

markkyle66

FY09 was full some time ago. But it doesn't matter. They will recruit to the "out year" even before the next year quotas are known. Oh, and the FY10 quotas are known. FY10 quotas are the guys that go to OCS in July 09 some time so as to get commissioned in FY10, ie OCT 09. So many of those guys already have orders. The whole quota thing should not be an issue anyway if you already have the pro rec.

I just wanted to make sure I understood your post correctly. So does this mean that those on the July board (included the June applicants who got moved to July) and beyond will not be able to meet a board until sometime in FY'10? And even then that years quota's are filled by guys who were just recently pro rec'd/given OCS dates? Sorry for the confusion, just want to be informed for my next OR appointment.

blarged

ready
I just wanted to make sure I understood your post correctly. So does this mean that those on the July board (included the June applicants who got moved to July) and beyond will not be able to meet a board until sometime in FY'10? And even then that years quota's are filled by guys who were just recently pro rec'd/given OCS dates? Sorry for the confusion, just want to be informed for my next OR appointment.

You really don't need to worry about it this much. Your fiscal year as said above is by commissioning / graduation date from OCS, which is the beginning of October. So if OCS is three months long, that puts people who start OCS August 1st or later in FY10 for sure.

If you are on July boards, you will be seen in July, and most likely you will have a FY10 OCS date.

In the recent months when rumors and speculations have been floating around about FY09 being full and nobody getting selected ... well ... if you check those month's threads you will see that people are still getting selected.

Don't worry to much about the details. If you submit a package, it will be looked at. Some things are out of our hands and just not worth worrying about.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Blarged pretty much said it. The whole FY thing should not matter to an applicant. When FY 09 quotas were full the board just meets to chose guys for FY10. As said, those are guys that will go to OCS late July or August so as to commission after 01OCT09. For awhile during every calender year the board is selecting people for two different FYs depending on the applicants available date and the needs of the Navy. A guy sitting for a July board is not likely to be going to OCS for a current year quota because he cannot get his FIN DOCS in for review, and ship in time to make the last Julyish OCS date to graduate by the end of Sept.

citychamp01

Well maybe you guys can answer my question. My application was reviewed in February and Pro rec'd at that time, then because my application did not include my MEP's review I waited and did that on April 2nd. Since that point in time, I have not received my final select letter or anything for that matter from the Navy and it is the middle of June. This recruiter is in Jacksonville (I live in Gainesville) so I have never met him, but he assures me that he hopes to hear from Millington soon. I am very upset and my lease for my apartment expires in August, which it was planned that I was supposed to be in Newport by then. Someone I know who is in INTEL right now told me he believes the recruiter has met his quota for recruits for the fiscal year and is holding me back, I talked to a Naval medical recruiter in Gainesville (my old recruiter has since left the Navy at this point in time) and they told me that the reason my application is held back because of the failing ecomony and the large influx of recruits. I call the Jacksonville recruiter almost everyday and leave a voicemail hoping for an answer but I only get an assurance that he will hope to have a response soon. Any suggestions or ideas as to what I should do? I could have gotten a master's degree by now or at least possibly a good long term full time job for how long I've been waiting, but haven't because "I should be leaving soon."

I had a recruiter in jacksonville when i went to meps for enlisted. He was too hard to contact and didn't really do ne thing for me. I switched to the officer recruiting station in Tallahassee and everything has been smooth sailing. they faxed all my information from one office to the other and they took over. I can't say that will solve your problem but it helped me to get pro rec'd. But as they said, its out of their hands now. So I would still call and bug my recruiter about it but there's really nothing much he can do besides wait along with you

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I had a recruiter in jacksonville when i went to meps for enlisted. He was too hard to contact and didn't really do ne thing for me. I switched to the officer recruiting station in Tallahassee and everything has been smooth sailing. they faxed all my information from one office to the other and they took over. I can't say that will solve your problem but it helped me to get pro rec'd. But as they said, its out of their hands now. So I would still call and bug my recruiter about it, but there's really nothing much he can do besides wait along with you.

How about next time you present yourself like you want to be an officer? I normally don't say "ne thing" about grammar, but some of the errors you made in your post were just too hard to let go without saying anything.

This isn't some internet gaming forum. I'm not saying you need to be perfect, but the "ne thing" , "ne wayz", and whatever need to be cut out if you want to be taken seriously. Of course the enlisted recruiter in Jacksonville did nothing for you, if you wanted to become an officer. They are only looking to get ENLISTED into the Navy.

Presenting yourself like you have half a brain and know what the hell is going on, is half the battle my friend. Good luck with the recruiting package.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OUSOONER was plenty blunt about how you should present yourself in on line communications (well anytime, of course). Let me just highlight a few things along those lines since we have been talking about guys communicating with their recruiters about boards, FIN DOCS, etc, and sometimes not feeling they are being served well. If you email your recruiter treat it like a business communication. Email is certainly more informal then a snail mail formal business formated letter, but it is a business communication that presents yourself to a party you want something from. You had better make a good impression. There is no place for internet or gaming short hand (or what ever you call it), avatars, smiley faces, poor grammar, misspelled words, or even typos, in comms with your recruiter. Treat him with respect. He has to look at dozens of emails a day and he doesn't need to decode what you meant because you thought he was a World of Warcraft fan, or didn't respect him enough or cared enough about your own image to spell check and edit your email before sending.

Now about Air Warriors. Yes this is an internet forum and it isn't like you are emailing your recruiter. BUT, this is a professional forum. There are people here to help you get into the Navy and live your dream. Most have been there and done that. Some of us are just plain old and have a little rank. Treat us with the same respect you should be showing your recruiter or any professional. If you must, consider it good practice for the way you will communicate with your recruiter. Like OUSOONER said, most of us don't harp too much on occasional typos or something that slipped past the spell checker ie meat/meet. Those things do happen in a forum when you are exchanging posts in a conversational tone. But misspelling, gammar errors, and gaming shorthand are a bit much for the vast majority of us that are here to help. Mature professionals do not use gaming shorthand or teenage expressions. Act like the pro you want to be.

searcher79

As an AD guy, I have the obligation and natural gut urge to address officers properly, and I would do it here if was culturally appropriate for the forums. wink and ENS OUSOONER make it relatively obvious that they are now officers in the Navy. Obviously, I don't see too many people throwing "Sir's" around in here, but at the same time I myself haven't had the occasion to cross paths or ask a question of one of the officers yet. Or maybe I have and I just didn't know who they were.

Tbone47

Still Confused

Ok Just for clarification. All 09 slots are filled.... got that. Next boards are not, for the most part, untill the fall. I got that. Now there are a bunch of people who have received their pro-rec's and are awaiting their final selects. There will be OCS classes in September and October that will graduate in FY 10. I am guessing that those currently pro-rec'd and awaiting their final select will fill those classes. Would this, in your estimation, be correct:confused:

m26

Contributor
No. All FY09 slots are filled, but the boards continue to meet and send people to OCS. FY10 slots begin OCS this summer (July?), as they would have a FY10 date of commission.

There are always people pro-rec'd and awaiting FS. It's not designed to be a holding pattern to keep people out of OCS until there is space. The Navy can just FS an individual and give them a later OCS date if it wants to do that.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ok Just for clarification. All 09 slots are filled.... got that. Next boards are not, for the most part, untill the fall. I got that. Now there are a bunch of people who have received their pro-rec's and are awaiting their final selects. There will be OCS classes in September and October that will graduate in FY 10. I am guessing that those currently pro-rec'd and awaiting their final select will fill those classes. Would this, in your estimation, be correct:confused:
Unless it has changed, final select is done on a rolling basis. No real board, but the same people, for the most part. Just because there may not be any OCS boards, does not mean that a final select will not be issued. Guys Pro Reced in the July board will go every which way. A guy selected in July may not be available for 8 months. Same goes for the Final Select guys. So to say they will probably go to a Sept, Oct class is wrong. They have been recruiting to the FY 10 quotas for a while, most of the Sept Oct slots are likely filled up anyway.

I am curious why some of you guys keep trying to over analyze this. It doesn't matter to you. You can't do anything about it. Once your stuff is in, relax. If you are trying to manage employment, apartment leases, and love affairs, you are really putting the cart before the horse. Things do happen. Don't count on anything until you have it in writing.