• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Latest numbers from Millington

Status
Not open for further replies.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
CNRC has selected 221 pilots for 2004 and have only 201 slots open. That is why the rumor about pilot being closed UFN. They are waiting for natural attrition to bring the numbers into alignment. Some late year OCS dates for pilots may slide if the numbers don't come down. If you are a BDCP applicant and don't graduate for a couple years they will still look at ya. We are talking FY05-FY06. From application being received to even being considered by the board is 30 days for both pilot and NFO. They have about 50 apps on the desk at any given time. NFO is still open. Give NFO serious consideration. If you haven't talked to an NFO or even a pilot crewed with NFOs you probably don't know what it is all about.

Fredster809

I am new here and you seem to be pretty much all knowing so I hope you can calm my nerves. I am an enlisted Nuclear MM1. I got a 66 on my OAR and an 8 on my NFO Aptitude rating and a 4 on FOBI. My CO's interview is next week and so far my interviews are all 10's(two CVN XO's and my XO) and my CO's endorsement should be close to that. My package says that I am not elgible to go to OCS until 1 April 2004 since my command is short handed. My Degree transcript says 3.81 GPA. I have been thinking my chances were pretty good, but all this talk of spots full have my stomach turning. I want this BAD!!!! I love the Navy, but can't stay enlisted forever. I guess I have a few questions, how long does a reply normally take, and is there any way to find out about spots available?? Since I am enlisted I am not dealing with a Navy recruiter. I am currently an instructor at a Nuc training command and the only Airdales we see are a few yoeman and the PXO's(hence the officer interviews).

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Since you are not available until Apr 2004 then you are looking at a '05 class date. NFO is still open tho it is tightening up. Better numbers in '05. Just based on what you have said here you look like a pretty competitive applicant. Send the app in and don't worry about the numbers. Make sure you check out the enlisted commissioning forum. Lots of experience resident there. Anything else about NFO let me know. Otherwise, Good Luck!

dwitt

Your scores are highly competive. I think you are definately in. I would also question whether your command can keep you from going. I got my acceptance while deployed in the Gulf and was told if I have a start date during my deployment that pretty much nothing can stop me from going, OCS takes priority. It did not become an issure for me because my start date is after I returned, though.

D

Status
Not open for further replies.