• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Latest Drops

jg5343

FLY NAVY...Divers need the work
pilot
Getting ready to select in a couple of weeks, and was wondering if anyone has any word on how the drop has been going? I AM NOT ASKING MY CHANCES OF GETTTING XXX, but more of a trend data. Anything closed, anything, besides helos(hehehe), wide open? Anyone in a drop that got all XXX, or no XXX? Thanks for the info, and I know all info is not 100% fact etc etc, just curious and anxious!

jg5343

pilot
Also, I turned in my dream sheet Thursday and put J2 first, and then E2/C2 second. My question is this, if there are no jets to kingsville, will they know that my first choice is jets regardless of where? Or do I have to put J2 and J1 as my 1st and 2nd choices? Seems kinda weird that you would have to put jets twice....

jg5343

pilot
J2 = jets to kingsville (A models)
J1 = jets to Meridian (C models)

I like repeats!!!

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
What's the difference in the models? Does it set you up to fly a certain aircraft in the fleet?

jg5343

pilot
The biggest difference I know of is the glass cockpit upgrade in the -C model

illinijoe05

Nachos
pilot
Last drop I saw on the VT-6 board (selection around feb 10) was 2 jets 3 p3 2 or 3 helos and 1 or 2 e2/c2 if i remebr correctly.

FLY_USMC

pilot
Let's see, the last drops that I've seen? I actually saw my first Navy guy get Jets here at Vance in like the entire 7 months I've been here. He had a 52, which is pretty low, considering a guy 2 weeks prior had a 58 and didn't get them? They aren't kidding about that needs of the Navy stuff, I personally find it ridiculous 2 people could select so close to eachother, and have such a different turn out. Months I could see, but literally a week or so, nah. Other than that I've seen lots of helo's and P-3's get had here, and pretty much nothing else. Do be aware you could get P-3's and come to Vance for T-1 training like the E-6 guys, saw the first guy doing that about a month ago or so. Known quite a few guys put down E2/C2 as their second choice and I "can't recall" anyone actually getting it, what a neat pipeline IMO. BTW, what's your stage/category number(I believe that's how the AF labels it on our gradesheets?) It'll be like 1.XXX, from what I can tell, it resets every block, and you have a pretty descent idea on how you did based on that?

jg5343

pilot
We have been looking at that number here as well and it is different for each category, Contact, Instruments, Nav, Forms. We think a 1.0 is dead mif for everything and then the higher you go the better. Mine are like 1.16, 1.13, 1.46, 1.16 respectively. My flight commander says he thinks I am doing well, but has no clue what an NSS is. HA! I am the last Navy guy to graduate from Moody. Any insight into that Stg./Cat number?

FLY_USMC

pilot
I could let you know on Tuesday exactly what the Stg/Score's are for a guy I know who just selected that got a 50 NSS so you could see how you compare. It seems I know the same as you about the stg/category numbers. From what I've seen, 1.13-1.18 or so seems a little better than average? I know guys who care consistantly below MIF as a whole for the block, and I know guys who've consistantly been about 1.30-1.38 block after block after block, but since they haven't selected yet, I can't tell you?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
it probably doesnt really matter unless whoever is comparing is from the same squadron.

Prashant Patel

I just selected this past week and there were no E2/C2 slots. 4 guys got J1 (3 whiting, 1 corpus) and a coupla marines got J2. Most guys got rotary or P-3.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
PSno23 said:
What's the difference in the models? Does it set you up to fly a certain aircraft in the fleet?

T-45A is an old steam-gauge cockpit, the original T-45 Goshawk. The T-45C is a glass cockpit. Not T-6A glass, but real glass, as in MFDs. It also has a GINA system (GPS/INS) and an upgraded HUD. Overall a much more modern aircraft. Kingsville is currently receiving T-45C models.