• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Last minute cramming advice

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
well, going with what I have seen I would have you study and retake, if you don't and the next actual board is Feb 2013 and are not picked up then you are waiting for April 2013.
Is that official? I heard last week that there might be one in December, but from what I've been hearing I wouldn't be surprised if it got cancelled.

BUDU

I can't agree with this 100%... I went from doing stochastic time-series homework in MATLAB to retraining my brain to quickly work through basic algebra. I probably wouldn't have done so well on the ASTB without a few weeks of solid practice.

I still go into full-retard mode when I calculate wt+bal without a calculator.

Well my point was more that if you've already been studying for several weeks for what is primarily an aptitude test, tacking a few extra days on there to cram really isn't going to change much.

exNavyOffRec

Is that official? I heard last week that there might be one in December, but from what I've been hearing I wouldn't be surprised if it got cancelled.

from what I found out today, maybe, depends on final number of those cleared from July and the number that decline from July, submit and see what happens.

asmec47

Going to get my package together but will retake and submit new scores. Does anyone have insight about back injuries making a candidate unattractive? It's fine now and will be according to my doc as long as I stay in shape. Want to serve but nervous that could rule me out.

exNavyOffRec

Going to get my package together but will retake and submit new scores. Does anyone have insight about back injuries making a candidate unattractive? It's fine now and will be according to my doc as long as I stay in shape. Want to serve but nervous that could rule me out.

The board sees no medical info

The issue isn't what your doc thinks it is what N3M thinks, your doc could say you are fine but if N3M thinks you would be a liability they won't clear you.