• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Lackland Air Fest 2008 San Antonio

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
"Lackland AirFest 2008 is preparing a wonderful lineup of events to wow those visiting Lackland Air Force Base for the two-day event. We'll have spectacular aerial performers, ground displays and more to show support of our armed forces. "

SEQUENCE OF EVENTS

Lackland's own Combat Control Team
US Army Golden Knights Jump Demo Team
AETC Trainer Flyover T-6, T-1, T-38, T-34, T-43
Dan Buchanan Hang Glider Demo
USAF F-15E
USMC AV-8B
USAF F-16
USAF F-22
Tora Tora Tora
Greg Poe's Aerobatic Demo
Heritage Flight Formation with USAF's F-15E, F-16, F-22, P-40
Ed Hamill Air Force Reserve Biplane
US Navy's Blue Angels

The dates are November 1st and 2nd. I and a few UT folks will be there on the first (Saturday).

Who else is going???

jdbryan

I didnt go last year, maybe this year. I want to see the F-22 again.
Went to one at McConnell a couple years ago, got some great shots of the thunderbirds.

Attachments

• Jets close.jpg
    Jets close.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 45
  • t birds passing.jpg
    t birds passing.jpg
    742 KB · Views: 29
  • T birds on eachother.jpg
    T birds on eachother.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 40

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
^ Just saw those guys and gals the other day at Ellington.... awesome performance.

I brought a T-45 up there, it was an awesome show. I thought the T-birds were a little weak, and they seemed to play some really gay music over the PA too, felt like I was in a techno club or something. The formation changes they make while in their over the top maneuvers are sweet though.

jdbryan

^ Just saw those guys and gals the other day at Ellington.... awesome performance.

I was stationed with the Gal at Lakenheath. She was an F-15 pilot before the thunderbirds. It was funny because the whole crew did my re-enlistment at McConnell AFB and she recognized me from the heath.

HuggyU2

None
I was stationed with the Gal at Lakenheath. She was an F-15 pilot before the thunderbirds.
I think you have her mixed up with Fifi Malachowski. Fifi is no longer on the team, having done her two years. Combo is the current TBird gal, and she flew Eagles in Alaska and Langley, but not the 'heath.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I'm currently up-loading the video to my computer right now. Maybe tomorrow I will post some of it.

highside7r

None
Went yesterday, surprised that none of you guys from Corpus showed (no clown jets/34's/44's), except for HM-15. F-22 demo was impressive to see live. Blues without the slot.
Naval Air:
VFA-32 F-18F
HM-15 MH-53E
VMA-214 AV-8B's