• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Labral Tear

stephenKP14

Hey guys. I had a labral tear occurrence a few years ago playing soccer. The tear was very minor and did not require surgery, however, the tear was recorded in my official academy medical records. The doctors did comment in the record that I still have full range of motion, strength, etc. Should I worry about this as a DQ? I know they will probably look at my academy record when I start my application for SNA. I would appreciate any input!

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
If you have full ROM, normal/equal strength......good grief, find something worth worrying about.

stephenKP14

Thanks for your quick reply feddoc. I know I probably sound paranoid, but most people I have spoken to said the med review process is strict on all bases. Just wanted to confirm with sources other than the input I received from midshipman.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Man, i totally misread labral... thought you were talking about something else being torn.

Where's that gutter?

stephenKP14

The tear is in my shoulder but like I said, it is very minor and I still have full range of motion and strength. I was worried about the documentation at the academy concerning it.

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
Make sure its in your record, get it fixed in the navy, collect disability from VA after leaving navy. End thread.