• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Knee Brace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator

I had reconstructive surgery on my ACL and am currently going to physical therapy. Both the surgeon and physical therapist agree that I will return to complete normal activity within another couple of months. The problem is that for the first year it is highly recommended that wear a special knee brace when doing any kind of activity that requires lateral movement or pivoting. Does anyone know whether or not this will be a problem at OCS or API?

gt0767a

Gator,

It shouldn't be a problem, but your recruiter should be able to call and find out. I recently have had to start wearing one while here at OCS. People wear them, but you have to have permission to do so. If your doctors says you should then when you get here, you will have to see a navy doctor and get permission from them. Hope that helps,

Christine

Gator

Christine,

Thanks for the info. I'll make sure that I have documentation from my surgeon in my medical record when I get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.