• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

kingsville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray

The way I see it, you'd have to scan one more thing if you had a vector. I just like scanning the ball and lineup with AOA in there too. The only thing I can imagine using the velocity vector for would be low level routes.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Now keep in mind that I'm only on my 3rd front seat flight in the 45C, but I think the HUD helps the scan a bunch. You have an E bracket that shows you onspeed (looks like an E, put the velocity vector in the middle and you are onspeed - velocity vector on bottom and it'a unit fast), and you also have instantaneous vertical velocity on the right. So you can have the meatball lineup angle of attack part plus VSI (VVI) all without moving your head. Compared to the T2, the information presented is significant. Now if I could only figure out to fly the ball again....

airwinger

pilot
Wow Dawgfan, you're moving right along!!! Heck what fam is solo for advanced guys?
I'm still wondering about the mythical front cockpit of a T-2(or about actually seeing my name on the sked for a syllabus event)

Status
Not open for further replies.