• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

kingsville or meridian

BrittO

pilot
ive been in meridian for 10 months now and will, all being well be winged in may, making 12 months. Meiridan is better than Krock...i went to corpus for primary and saw that place. Yes meridian is small but the lake here is awesome for watersports etc and there are places to go near here, atlanta, pcola, new orleans, birmingham, tuscaloosa ( U of A)...and the C model is awesome...its easy to learn...i thought it would be hard but the velocity vector is a lifesaver!

FLY_USMC

pilot
One thing I had heard, K-Rock guys correct me if I'm wrong, was that in Kingsville you aren't allowed practice sims? To further explain, in Meridian, we can sign up to practice in the simulators pretty much from Day 1 in Ground School as long as there is an open one, which there typically is later in the day, quite a few. This can be a blessing in disguise, because you are expected to actually know SOMETHING your first sim ride, but if what I've heard is true, I'd go to Meridian hands down for the fact that logic would state you'd have perform better in a block because you'd get the chance to practice TONS early on as to really familiarize yourself with the material.

And finally contrary to K-Rock belief, no one in Meridian gives a rat's arse that you fly the A model and we fly the C model.

BeanFighter

pilot
K'rock practice sims start the day you finish ground school, sign up early for best seating. BTW, I gotta nice house for sale if anyone is interested.

One thing I had heard, K-Rock guys correct me if I'm wrong, was that in Kingsville you aren't allowed practice sims?

Gaws back in the day not much practice sims. Too busy in jet doing two a days. Do they still allow you back seat and front seat hops if not scheduled? That was very taboo when I went through flight school.