• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kids out of CONUS

Air Squire

Live Free or Die
Wondering how much it would cost to fly a family from say, Guam, to East States CONUS. This is hypothetical, since I don't YET have a family, so assume I have a wife and two kids (ages 3 and 1).

From Japan?

What kind of deals do military dependents get as far as flights go? And I already know about Space-A travel and its benefits/downfalls. Anything else?

Anyone w/ personal experience?

My mother is active duty Navy and just got back from a tour in Naples, Italy. I was still her dependant when she was there and the Navy paid for one round trip flight per fiscal year per dependant. I don't know if this helps any.

bb1125

None
My mother is active duty Navy and just got back from a tour in Naples, Italy. I was still her dependant when she was there and the Navy paid for one round trip flight per fiscal year per dependant. I don't know if this helps any.
Could you ask Mom to clarify that for us? I did two tours overseas and I've never heard of that. The closest thing I can think of is EML, which just gives them priority for Space-A.
@ OP, we never came back CONUS during my two tours in Japan. Cheapest rates I remember seeing for a famliy of four to the east coast was around $2000. We did travel around Asia a bit though. Great deals there.

eurotrash

USMC SNA
Could you ask Mom to clarify that for us? I did two tours overseas and I've never heard of that. The closest thing I can think of is EML, which just gives them priority for Space-A.
@ OP, we never came back CONUS during my two tours in Japan. Cheapest rates I remember seeing for a famliy of four to the east coast was around $2000. We did travel around Asia a bit though. Great deals there.

What he is referring to I believe only applies to dependents. College students that are still dependents get one r/t ticket per school year if Mom and Dad are stationed overseas. Also, if you do back to back overseas tours you rate r/t airfare for you and the fams, one time.

At least this was the SOP when I was a Navy dependent in Naples, Italy circa 1998-2002.

bb1125

None
Yeah, I know about COT, but that doesn't sound like what he's talking about. I've never heard of the college student dependent thing and a quick search didn't turn up anything.

Fred

That won't work for kids who are not in college. We lived in Japan six years, and flew MAC or commercial back several times. Commercial was paid out of pocket.