• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Kidney stone breakthrough procedure at UW called 'game changer' for patients

taxi1

pilot
She remembered, and still very much remembers to the detail, that I got her takeout and missed the salsa and also didn't notice that they didn't include the side of black beans.
I’m leaning over my wife helpfully telling her to breath during a contraction, as trained, and she looks at me with her stone cold killer eyes and yells, “BACK OFF, YOUR STEALING MY OXYGEN.”

33 years later and she still hasn’t apologized.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I relate so much to the last three posts, above. I leaned in to encourage my wife and got “GET AWAY. YOU SMELL LIKE PEANUTS!”

(I had foolishly permitted myself a snack of trail mix after pulling an all-nighter with a wife in labor.)

She still hasn’t forgotten. Apparently her sense of smell in the moment was like a German Shepherd on steroids.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I'm a fortysomething bachelor, and the fact that this has turned into a thread on childbirth amuses me to no end.
The thread was started to talk about kidney stones, so it was bound to happen.

Just like any conversation in Naval Aviation eventually winds up on the subject of drinking, the Boat, or SERE, and politicians will inevitably bring up Hitler, so it also goes that any conversation about kidney stones necessitates bringing up childbirth.

I’m pretty sure it’s in US Title law somewhere.

;)